CCOT leveling block bolt fore OME spring pack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stock set up OME rear springs. I have the leveling block on the way and have read the bolt supplied is too large for the OME rear spring pack. I am guessing that the OME takes a metric size bolt. Was told a grade 8 bolt and nut will be fine by Cruiser outfitters. My question is what size length and diameter bolt do I need to install this leveling block on my PS rear spring pack? Looks like a round headed allen wrench bolt would be the best choice? Any other modification needed to the bolt head? Thanks in advance!

How tall is the 'leveling block'?

You will need a spring pin bolt with the appropriate size round head.

The leveling block is 3/8” thick. Hard to tell by the description on the their site but it states that it’s 3/8 by 4” That could be the pin-bolt provided or the length and thickness of the plate. The head of the pin-bolt is 9/16 and a 3/8 threaded bolt which is too big for the OME springs. So if I knew the metric size of the OME pin bolt and the length plus the extra 3/8 for the plate plus enough length for a nut for the pin bolt I would be good. I can always cut the length of the bolt once it’s installed.

So it turns out that the bolt size is 5/16”diameter. I bought Ranch part# RS8127 which has 2 pin bolts with nut that are 5 inches long. These are grade 8 bolts with a very slight bevel on the underside of the bolt head. The 3/8” CCOT bolt head is 14mm diameter x 10mm high. The Rancho bolt heads are 12.36 diameter x 12mm high. Neither has a slot or allen cap for tightening purposes. So that being said I am guessing I need to file off 2 mm from the height of the Rancho bolt to be safe that it will fit once the longer UBolts are tightened. At 70 bucks an hour shop rate I want to show up with the parts ready to drop in without any fitment issues. If I am coming off as being anal retentive that is why. Plus it’s a two hour round trip. If anyone has a set of the OME rear springs not installed and can verify the head height of the center pin bolt that would be great. Hopefully this will help someone else as well.

Don't file anything. Its head diameter and proper bolt diameter is more important . For head height clearance you can look at the distance between the bottom of the axle tube and the bottom of the perch, it should be fine. You can probably see the top of the existing pin. If your shop can't handle working on the suspension, find someone who can. It's pretty basic work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom