CCOT HFS Springs Sagging, no warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've used CCOT and have nothing but good things to say. Good prices, products, and shipping IMO. :cool:

My son had a coat from Patagonia that has a zip out fleece. After about a year the zipper broke on the fleece. I went to the outlet to inquire about a repair at my cost. They informed me it had a lifetime waranty and they would send it back to be repaired for free. I was impressed. It came back and worked well for the fleece but would not zip into the shell. It was the middle of ski season so I "forced" it to work. Since it has finally warmed up enough for him not to need it I took back the other day to see what they could do for me. The new zipper was visibly damaged from my forcing it yet they were apologetic that it didn't work and said they would send it in again. As soon as I got home the store called, again apologizing for the problem and told me to come back and get a new coat instead of waiting for a repair. I had always thought there stuff was a little overpriced, but with service like that I plan on buying all my kids stuff there. Aaron made a mistake and is out a couple hundered bucks. CCOT could have sucked it up and I'll bet made up more than the cost of the replacement alone from Aaron's future purchases. Aaron made a mistake by not going to them first. CCOT made a bigger mistake by by not looking at this as an opportunity. Maybe they should go read a little Tom Peters.

Good Call Brussell.... :beer:

I too agree with you Brussell, I could not have said it better.

Every time CCOT has had a problem with a HFS spring, I have seen the issue, pictures and complaint and they have gone WAY out of thier way to fix the problem. This has only happened 3 times since CCOT launched this line. Coming from nothing to being one of the largest selling lift lines in the country, 3 "problems" is remarkable.

If Aaron had handled this correctly from the beginning, CCOT would have sent out a new spring. No questions asked. It was the "after the fact its your fault" attitude that came from Aaron that forced them to stick to their guns.

I personally helped develop this line of lifts and I personally stand by the product. If anyone wants/needs any information about this product and the way CCOT handles themselves, hit me off line and I would be happy to discuss either with you.

Hell, Nolen, why don't YOU just send him a spring:) Smiley intended! Hey, it's not Home Depot, who as of last week now has a store in all 50 states. It's not walmart, either. CCOT isn't near as big as you probably all think. Sure, they need to stand behind their product, and I think they have. Aaron swayed opinion against him by threatening behavior. According to standard policy in most major companies, the FIRST TIME the word LAWYER is mentioned, NO FURTHER communication can take place, without contacting their attorney. The fact that they posted here in response to this at all is amazing to me. He modified the spring, plain and simple. Bad judgment, poor planning, whatever. Then he wasn't happy when the re-arch didn't stay. Re-arching a spring will not guarantee a given height...settling is normall. Most who re-arch and want it to stay put a helper leaf on under it. I don't see the obligation they have here. At most, if they were to sell him a single spring at a reduced rate, I'd personally call it more than fair. Freight on these things alone is a bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom