Catalytic ConverterS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 89 has two and I'm guessing that is stock. I need to replace the exhaust and was wondering if I can replace them with one. Maybe put the Y prior to the cat and then straight back to the muffler.

Smog isn't a problem and if I could I'd just eliminate them, but when I went to the shop he was that's a federal offense. Should I try another shop or remove them before I go?

I'd like to use a 2 inlet muffler and run the pipes straight back to that.

I'm thinking that will save me some money and maybe help performance.

My 89 has two and I'm guessing that is stock. I need to replace the exhaust and was wondering if I can replace them with one. Maybe put the Y prior to the cat and then straight back to the muffler.

Smog isn't a problem and if I could I'd just eliminate them, but when I went to the shop he was that's a federal offense. Should I try another shop or remove them before I go?

I'd like to use a 2 inlet muffler and run the pipes straight back to that.

I'm thinking that will save me some money and maybe help performance.
You are in California. Go talk to your Smog Inspection/Check Station Guy and ask if it will pass. As you know Ca. Is fanatical about all these regulations. Good Luck.

The number one problem with the FJ60 exhaust is the single big heavy catalytic converter that creates a lot of back pressure. The FJ62 aimed to fix that using two smaller ones

You won't pass smog if the Tech realizes there should be two CATs. Now, a diagram pops up on their machine screen so likelihood of the Tech missing it is slim.

Use two Magnaflow, not the cheap CATs for better breathing. Not many ways around it in Kalif that won't come back and bite you in the azz later.
Maybe consider NOT voting for Democrats if you're unhappy with how they make you compliant. ;)

You won't pass smog if the Tech realizes there should be two CATs. Now, a diagram pops up on their machine screen so likelihood of the Tech missing it is slim.

Use two Magnaflow, not the cheap CATs for better breathing. Not many ways around it in Kalif that won't come back and bite you in the azz later.
Maybe consider NOT voting for Democrats if you're unhappy with how they make you compliant. ;)

Unfortunately..... there isn't a lesser of two evils this election.... Just do a EROD SWAP.... HA!

Also make sure your CAT is CA CARB numbered or it is a reject as well... Must have a CARB OE# to pass here... So expect to pay 50-100$ more per CAT.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom