Is this stock CAT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
This cat was on my 60… is it stock? sending pictures of interior as well for condition.
Temp sensor got chopped tho

751A1630-401F-4628-A2A6-8741BABD7588.jpeg

C4D80AC8-ACF7-4CF2-B9F3-D2FF7A0220D3.jpeg

34EFEA10-1563-4FB7-A617-0F1C4538D6DD.jpeg

04B66BEB-E130-4855-9374-95DB498933CE.jpeg

any ideas what I can get for this? seems pretty newish
If it’s not clogged up, put it back in the exhaust system. Deleting it doesn’t really give you any advantage and it makes the truck smell like death. If you’re deleting the smog stuff you don’t need the temp sensor. It was used in the EGR control system.

It was used in the EGR control system.
The temperature sensor was used reduce the amount of air pumped into the exhaust if the CAT got too hot...to prevent a melt down. If the OP is eliminating the Air Injection pump, then the temperature sensor is probably not needed because there won't be much oxygen in the exhaust stream with out the AI pump.

The temperature sensor was used reduce the amount of air pumped into the exhaust if the CAT got too hot...to prevent a melt down. If the OP is eliminating the Air Injection pump, then the temperature sensor is probably not needed because there won't be much oxygen in the exhaust stream with out the AI pump.
Ah, yes! I stand corrected. It’s been a few years since I’ve looked at any smog stuff myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom