Carnivorous Plant Society Canada. Vancouver island: bog hike. (June 24th) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads

Taking a bunch of biologist types out to look at plants up north main, Jorden river area. Less wheeling, more hiking than you bunch are used too. But if any of you want to come out to look at small plants you are welcome. Weather there is unpredictable, prepare for a day trip hiking in uneven terrain off trail with weather varying from 10 degrees and rain or 30 degrees of biting bugs. Also wet feet are almost a guarantee!
IMG_5036.jpeg

Last edited:
You are welcome to bring your dog, I’m not bringing mine this time because mine are too crazy. There’s going to be a bunch of super plant obsessed people on their hands and knees identifying and taking close up pictures of carnivorous plants and orchids this time and im sure they would get a little annoyed with dogs storming around trying to lick their face and trampling the plant they are trying to photograph, so mine are definitely out hah!
IMG_9339.jpeg

However everyone going I can think of is also a dog person. I bring my dogs up there when it’s a smaller group and we are a little less scientific, they have a blast!
IMG_6389.jpeg

I'll have to make it out one of these days. Unfortunately we're on the wrong side of the of the pond for an indeterminate amount of time.

Bump, this is tomorrow folks.

If you enjoy nature and the outdoors, make sure not to miss this. Great excuse to get out.

2 hrs drive home, thru Pt Renfrew and around. Great day, kick ass bushwacking! What I needed after a month of ice cream and
walking the city streets. Kinda crazy loud crowd of guys. Learned alot today had fantastic time. Your pics are better than mine so
I'll keep them to myself. Definitely worth every mile. Next time, better saw and clear that road.

Bogs are awesome. Visiting bogs that have never been explored is even more awesome. Been meaning to get to Tsitika for a long time, and there are amazing bogs there. Anyone up for an overnighter or two? Wanted to do this earlier this year, but didn't pan out....

1687673275072.png

1687673303960.png

1687673352634.png

Steve, I was chatting with one of the guys about mushrooms. Totally forgot to pass this on to him and I can’t remember who. Can you copy and paste this link to the group that they mentioned on their forum for me please?

$10 at the car wash today. Some of the bark rub marks on the front corners are gonna take a while to fade away. No actual scratches, had me worried and few were quite something. Definitely permanent marks of this adventure, aspen tattoos!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom