Carlsbad, NM business address / forklift for a welded roof rack delivery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RuggedBound

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi guys, we are getting ready to ship a welded 80 series roof rack to a customer in Carlsbad and we are trying to save him some shipping $$$ - our racks ship fully assembled so LTL adds residential + lift gate surcharges making for a very expensive drop-off - unless we can use a business address with forklift or loading dock. Since Carlsbad is relatively remote this is a considerable amount.

Alternatively he will need to collect in Albuquerque which is the closest LTL terminal to him.

I am trying to be resourceful and use this NM network to see if there are any members in Carlsbad or close-by who can direct me to a shop that would be willing to receive it for a small fee for him.
All with the goal of passing on savings to the customer.

Thanks in advance,
Theo

If it was delivered to an LTL terminal (Roadway/Yellow, ABF, for instance) would the customer have the ability to pick it up? I've done that with deliveries before. I seem to recall it needs to be picked up promptly, or they charge storage fees.

Most of the members of this club live in central and northern NM. I can't think of anyone in the Roswell/Artesia/Carlsbad area that regularly posts on this forum, but I could be surprised. I know we have a member or two down in Las Cruces, which is closer to Carlsbad than Albuquerque is. Honestly, El Paso and Midland/Odessa would be the closest "big" towns to Carlsbad to try to find a freight terminal.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! We got lucky with a business address in Carlsbad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom