Cargo Platform? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently purchased a 05 LC. I have three English Bull dogs that love to go for rides. I had a great shelf in my last truck behind the second seats that they would lay on and scope out the car behind me. They had great sport barking ar our fellow travelers. The shelf is missing in the LC and they are not happy. Does any one know of a manufacture that fabricates such a cargo shelf? I have searched the forum and the web and come up with drawers but no simple platforms. I made my last one from plywood and it fit nicely into some performed slots in the cargo bay of the last car. I was hoping that there was something on the market a little nicer than I can construct.
Thanks
Bomilcar

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, as you noted, most existing hardware is more along the line of drawers. Can't say I remember just a platform being sold. But you can get plastic drawers inexpensively. Heck, you could buy 3 or 4 big rubbermaid boxes, put a board on them (or not) and they could happily sit on it all plus you have somewhere to put your stuff. If not that, well, building your own platform is always a good possibility, of course.

Never seen one.

I think you are spot on with building one. Seems like only a couple hours of work and $10 worth of material.

You can make it just above the wheel wells and throw a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet on it for the pups. That way, you can throw stuff under it when you travel with the dogs. this assumes you took the 3rd row out as many of us have.

Thanks hoser!

Man I'm sorry guys. My buddy who was hoping my website changed his hardware & hosting software & my website got FUBAR'ed. We're in the process of moving but I'll try to post pics and/or fix that old post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom