Cargo Camper Trailer Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Batteries in series add voltage but do not add storage. 230 AH is still 230 AH.

To remember series vs parallel ... the world series is one game after another after another .... same for batts.

Right - 4 total batteries -

EDIT: two in parallel and the two tied in series is the picture - just a copy paste from Google :)

Series-Parallel.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. That's a large amount of storage.

@DanKunz had a trailer builder in GA build him a slick off road trailer. maybe Dan can get you the link.

Sorry, the battery pic above is correct, but lacking elegant simplicity. Besides, I couldn't sleep last night.

Price for consult? No charge. :D

20170717_083826.jpg

Last edited:
I like the symmetry of that :) It is easier for my simple mind to comprehend.

I like what Stan was thinking. This is an apache pop up for maybe the 50's to 70's. Come up for sale here and there on craigslist. Could easily life it or mount the whole thing on another trailer even.

1cd1a9814a9bf03a7caa1458131a02f6.jpg

I like the symmetry of that :) It is easier for my simple mind to comprehend.

Also, with the other diagram you can't select "batt #1" or "batt #2" or both ... with the second arrangement you can.

I love this build thread. So many ideas, so little actual trailer :lol:

Last edited:
whatever you do, do NOT cut ventilation holes in the side, especially ones with removable ports on the outside. certain nefarious club members will try to use them for simulated (OMG I hope they stay simulated) gratification purposes....

whatever you do, do NOT cut ventilation holes in the side, especially ones with removable ports on the outside. certain nefarious club members will try to use them for simulated (OMG I hope they stay simulated) gratification purposes....

Ugh - I was wondering what went down there last week.

I need a vent on top - wonder if it would be safe, even with a fan? I better put one of @Rice squirrel fans on top to be safe.

I like what Stan was thinking. This is an apache pop up for maybe the 50's to 70's. Come up for sale here and there on craigslist. Could easily life it or mount the whole thing on another trailer even.

View attachment 1498764

@NC LX Has one like this. Very light and looks nice.

Wife and I are trying to avoid pop-up and roof top tents, but we also want to be able to open our doors and have netting like a pop up. Still TBD . . netting needs to keep the No See Um gnats out. I could see me doing a roll-up on a dowel thingy that is installed right inside the doors and is held on the sides with magnets. . . unroll it and clip into place on top and bottom and then put magnets on the side. . . I don't know . .

Friend of mine has an apache that he spruced up. quite the cult following. Ive decided after growin up camping in FL thunderstorms, being wet, having tents blown in/caved in due to wind and rain, that four solid walls and ceiling arent a bad thing. add AC to the mix, and a comfy bed...now were talkin.

Jamie, After I get back from Oshkosh, Id like to meet up with you and your wife to take a look at my trailer. yeah, its not a cargo trailer, but for what youre looking at doing, something very similar would fit your bill.

Ugh - I was wondering what went down there last week.

I need a vent on top - wonder if it would be safe, even with a fan? I better put one of @Rice squirrel fans on top to be safe.

If you put one of Rice's squirrel fans on it, you wouldnt need a tow vehicle. It would push you along.

Translation: regretting ticking the 'glory hole' option on the checklist.

ROFL, it was the intake and exhaust for the climate rite AC system they dont use anymore. Mine was ordered for the climate rite, and we changed to the window unit...they had a batch of CNC cut sides, all with the ports cut out, so i didnt want to feel bad trying to make them cut a new side.

. . . Jamie, After I get back from Oshkosh, Id like to meet up with you and your wife to take a look at my trailer. yeah, its not a cargo trailer, but for what you're looking at doing, something very similar would fit your bill.

That would be great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom