Carburetor leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i will include a complimentary set of 4 carb base nuts for you in your order for xmass
Toyota Claus! Thank you, Matt!
You been very helpful and appreciate the time and you answering my messages.

Thanks! I have one coming from ToyotaMatt.

i just packed your order up and made sure to include your qty x 4 JIS carb base nuts xmass gift :santa:

(1.1) (2).jpg

Don't use flanged nuts at the carb base. Because of the closeness to the vertical casting, the 13mm hex or 12mm flanged nut will not lay flat on the carb base.
Also, there are no washers there. Just a plain M8 thread, 12mm hex nut. Toyota PN 94110-40800, which supercedes up to 90170-A0001. $.80 ea from Mr.T.

Merry Christmas y'all.

I always use lockwashers or wavy spring washers here. Why? Because three points make a plain. So the lesser tension, applied to whichever one of the four studs gets some extra tension from the spring of the washer. You can torque them in a circle all you want, but three of them tightened down enough will actually change the tension of the other one in the group. Same applies when you are tuning the spokes on a bicycle wheel, it is all relative tension. When using lockwashers, you really reduce the chance of a vacuum leak, or worse. Just keep a magnet handy for installing them on the studs.

On a fully-smogged 60, it's a bear getting to the two carb nuts closest to the valve cover. Whenever I encounter ones with any kind of washer or flange or curse-inducing 13mm nut it makes it that much harder to remove. I've always replaced with plain 12mm Toyo nuts and have never had one loosen, and they are much much easier to remove and replace with a slightly bent 12-point 12mm distributor wrench that's been clearanced a little for the tight casting.

Merry Christmas Cruiser people!

s-l1600.png

On a fully-smogged 60, it's a bear getting to the two carb nuts closest to the valve cover. Whenever I encounter ones with any kind of washer or flange or curse-inducing 13mm nut it makes it that much harder to remove. I've always replaced with plain 12mm Toyo nuts and have never had one loosen, and they are much much easier to remove and replace with a slightly bent 12-point 12mm distributor wrench that's been clearanced a little for the tight casting.

Merry Christmas Cruiser people!

s-l1600.png

that's real phunny poking phun at my Snap-ON S6013 top secert skunk works SST carb base hex nuts removal tool .....Alf

9E406361-03C2-4CB9-BA1D-BED06DA56CF8.jpeg
F75CB08E-E67B-47CC-85E6-4AA9C10177DF.jpeg

Michael Jackson is in your house?

Michael Jackson is in your house?

im your Toyota Genuine Parts and Technical Service Concierge Alf .............

you know this :grinpimp:

i only roll out a white gloves operation daily here at the skunk works laboratory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom