Carb/Intake identification request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello folks,
I've acquired a '64 FJ40 with a F1 and an interesting intake combo. The two barrel Intake has cast numbers: 17111-60010, and the carb is a DW35. Not knowing much about the vehicle other than the original owner (now past) did a lot of "tweaking" back-in-the-day, including a spring over lift, Man-a-fre header (I assume), floor shifter conversion, and intake swap to something that I don't recognize. It ran like horribly when I got it after sitting in a garage for years and I'm obviously trying to discover what these parts are from. Can anyone help, please?
Many thanks in advance!

Pics will help with help.

70506E1E-EE22-456F-BD7D-492C07FF0B12.jpeg

Yep, I've been trying to get photos transferred from my phone to the post. Technology is so simply complicated sometimes... (Or maybe it's just me?)

I hope these help.

Again, many thanks!

Do any of the pics help in identification? I'm at a loss, which isn't saying much. I'm new at wrenching on 'Yotas.

That looks like a 2 barrel F135 intake, which I believe is pretty rare.

Intake manifold has an adapter for a Holley 350 carburetor, anxious to know how the factory carb fit that adapter ???

Good eye on the adapter and I apologize as the pictures were taken out of sequence. The adapter is for the working Holley that I was using to get the thing running. It did not previously run with the DW35. The Holley is currently jetted WAY too rich and the plugs were carbon fouled after approx. 20 minutes run time, then the head gasket puked and I filled the shop with white smoke... Hence the intake/exhaust/head removal and this current inquiry as I'd rather have at Toyota parts on this machine, even if they're not original.

After reading the above post from JackA, I'm gathering that a 2bbl option was available for the F135? If so then I'm wondering if the carb/intake was a match at one time?

Again, thanks for your help!!

The DW35 was probably a factory install for SOME Toyota, just not a Landcruiser. That particular sight glass shape was used on Landcruiser carbs from 1967-1969. So you should do an Internet search for other Toyota vehicles of that vintage if you want to track down a kit for that carb.

The two barrel on the F135 was never offered in the US. You will probably have better luck finding a intake manifold for the one barrel carburetor. The intake you have now might work with the smaller Holley 350. I ran both the 500 and 350 on my 68 with a F145. Used the same adapter. That was over thirty years ago. The carburetor been switched for an OEM one barrel and original exhaust manifold replaced the header. For my current use this is a great setup. I can creep up hills at 400 RPM without it stalling.

My 73 currently has Holley adapter on the 74 F155 it had installed. Not sure if I installed it or came that way. Haven't come across a Holley carburetor in my parts since the last century. Gave my Holleys to a neighbor many years ago for his jeep.

FYI a search in the 25 section for two barrel carburetor should bring up a thread on a large sight glass window two barrel that would have come on the F135 in another market, possibly the JDM. Could have been on the FA truck.

I think a standard US 2bbl from the early’70s should bolt on too. But I thought the original inquiry was about rebuilding what’s on there.

I think a standard US 2bbl from the early’70s should bolt on too. But I thought the original inquiry was about rebuilding what’s on there.

Missed the head for case hardened bolts. Thought this was some completely custom made intake. The F135 two barrel intake has a unique appearance from the side.

Stock early seventies two barrel should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom