can't tell if this lexus service quote is a joke or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UGH...Timing Belts.

I'm so glad my 80 has a chain.
And my DD Avalon Limited.

When I was in my early/mid twenties I had a 1995 Audi S100 (back in 2000 - 2007) - damn thing cost me $2500 every 60k miles because of a timing belt. And then, when doing that, you pretty much HAD to do the water pump and tensioners...it would cost me almost $3800 total. Every. 60K Miles.

In the seven years I owned it, I drove it 150K miles. Lots of road trips. Lots.

I've had my Avalon Limited less than 2 years and I've put almost 45K miles on it, and no, I don't Uber or Lyft it ;)
Old saying... "There is no such thing as an inexpensive used German car"

Hell, you could get everything OEM and STILL pay less:

OEM Plugs and OEM Cap & Rotor (with rings) costs $57 from TPD (I just purchased some)

OEM Wires/harness is $159 via Toyota
100 series.... No caps, no rotors and we use Iridium plugs. ;)

100 series.... No caps, no rotors and we use Iridium plugs. ;)
Yeah, I was just mentioning about my 80 series...it's all good.

I like the irridium but a few LC techs I know said they aren't that much of a bump for the 80 series so it wasn't worth me dropping the added cash for them. I'm glad they're good in the v8 series though!

Just a note about OEM parts: As we all know, Amazon and Ebay are rampant with counterfeit, knock-off OEM auto parts. If you truly want OEM, use Toyota Parts Deal or your local dealer but don't buy from Amazon or Ebay and expect genuine OEM parts as you are most likely buying a cheap counterfeit product. If you pay peanuts you get a monkey.

Just a note about OEM parts: As we all know, Amazon and Ebay are rampant with counterfeit, knock-off OEM auto parts. If you truly want OEM, use Toyota Parts Deal or your local dealer but don't buy from Amazon or Ebay and expect genuine OEM parts as you are most likely buying a cheap counterfeit product. If you pay peanuts you get a monkey.
Yeah I'm careful about amazon and especially ebay. This seller has good reviews so I took a chance and the plugs seem genuine. If they fail me prematurely I will come back to let everyone know.

Yeah I'm careful about amazon and especially ebay. This seller has good reviews so I took a chance and the plugs seem genuine. If they fail me prematurely I will come back to let everyone know.
I picked up the Heater Control Valve (Part #87240-6017) off ebay...OEM, new for $60 from seller "obsolete_22" - very high seller rate with nothing but good reviews, fwiw.

It is almost a certainty that any seller on Amazon or eBay that is selling either Toyota or Denso plugs at a discount is selling counterfeits. (Excluding those sellers that are brick and mortar Toyota/ Lexus dealers

Same for coils, o2 sensors etc.

Check out alibaba. So long as you order a couple hundred of anything, they will mark it and box it to look like oem for a variety of manufacturers/ oem suppliers…

It is almost a certainty that any seller on Amazon or eBay that is selling either Toyota or Denso plugs at a discount is selling counterfeits. (Excluding those sellers that are brick and mortar Toyota/ Lexus dealers

Same for coils, o2 sensors etc.

Check out alibaba. So long as you order a couple hundred of anything, they will mark it and box it to look like oem for a variety of manufacturers/ oem suppliers…
I didn't get them at a discount. Same price point as Rock Auto. So if they are counterfeit they were very good fakes and I got royally scammed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom