SOLD Canoga Park, Ca 1999 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
1999 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser with 217K miles $15K

Mechanically perfect. All maintenance is current & everything works. A/C is cold & the heater is hot.

Has K&N intake system and exhaust.

Runs & drives amazing. Sounds excellent.

Lifted with new Fox front shocks & Bilstein rear shocks

New 275/70R18 tires

Front seats have been redone

Has double din aftermarket bluetooth stereo

20230215_171904.jpg

20230215_171910.jpg

20230215_171947.jpg

20230215_172236.jpg

20230215_172353.jpg

Did you keep the stock air box? That K&N is a deal breaker for me. The 80s and 100s have some of the finest air intake systems ever made.

I have owned it now for about a year & a half. I own an automotive repair facility that has been a Toyota/Lexus specialty shop since 1992. This Land Cruiser belonged to a customer of mine & I have all the service records that we performed here on it since 2006. I have taken my time over the past year building this for myself when I have had extra time & it has 0 issues right now. It is honestly a blast to drive & is the best overall SUV I have ever owned, and I have owned many.

I have received some interesting questions/comments here since posting my Land Cruiser for sale. I have been very fortunate in my life to have been able to pursue my passions in life as a career. The automotive repair industry has been exceptionally rewarding for me over the past 30 years & I have been able to accomplish almost all of my career goals while exceeding all of my personal goals. I have learned to not question or doubt other peoples experiences in regards to what has worked for them with parts brands &/or types. Of course I have plenty of my own preferences based on my experience, but I try not to disregard another's opinion. I generally prefer to use original equipment or original equipment manufacturer parts when doing repairs. Whenever I do a project for myself, such as this one, I am always looking to get the most performance for the dollar regardless of brand. I replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium spark plugs which are the OEM plugs. While servicing the fuel system, including removing & cleaning the throttle body, I replaced the original mass air flow meter with a new one from Toyota. I did however, remove the stock air cleaner assembly & install a K&N kit that is C.A.R.B. compliant. The original intake system will come with the vehicle. I installed the Fox front shocks & Bilstein rears because I had a very specific rebound rate in mind to maintain the ride quality I was looking for. I also removed the restrictive exhaust resonator & installed a Flowmaster version while retaining the stock muffler. I chose to rebuild both the rack n pinion assembly as well as the power steering pump myself since I find doing those things to be cathartic for me. I understand that much of this may not appeal to everyone's personal preferences, but this Land Cruiser absolutely hauls ass, rides amazing, & puts a smile on my face every single time I drive it. The only reason I am not keeping it is because of the color combination. Because of what I do for a living, I find myself constantly having to clean the driver's side interior.

I had a question based on a reply above - you mentioned no rear diff locker but is that not what this switch is from your craigslist photos?

8287BFAF-8946-436D-854C-20F4D98994D6.png

I’m not sure that answers the question - that decoder doesn't appear to show options, just the base spec of the trucks. Any 99 LC VIN shows the same info.

You could take a picture of the passenger side of the front side of the rear differential. That'd eliminate some uncertainty.

Could also add the vehicle your a Toyota service history account and get the specs from there. Might indicate rear locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom