can you remember the last time you full-throttled your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I swear, with my interest in keeping it forever, and aversion to changing brake pads, I drive this thing like I'm 80 --

-- and that's okay -- I'll leave my reckless driving to Vice City -- my 80 is a tank going down the road -- that rarely hits the speed limit!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Every day:

I just put everything in Sport and Power-Mode and let her run ....
10_1_113.gif

Mike

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=7759;start=msg65170#msg65170 date=1069264536]
I'll leave my reckless driving to Vice City[/quote]

I like to transfer what I learn in Vice City directly to the streets of Provo. It scares the crap out of all of the locals.

Last Driving Lesson: Last night
Next Driving Lesson: ~5 minutes

My wife has made comments about me driving too slow. Too slow, too fast, make up your mind.....

I thought there was only two settings to the gas pedal........
Dave

People always look at me funny when I late apex in my 60 and brake hard which causes the tires to lock up and screech...what's their problem anyway :eek:

[quote author=Phaedrus link=board=2;threadid=7759;start=msg65200#msg65200 date=1069268247]
I thought there was only two settings to the gas pedal........
Dave
[/quote]

That's kinda what I was thinking! :-\

-H-

Lets see here, that would be every time I'm in the thing. The sad thing is that it is faster than my 91 Pathfinder with a 5 speed. When I get in my wifes 525i, it is amazing to me how fast the thing is (and it isn't a rocket).

As far as sustained full throttle, two weeks ago on US HWY 50 in the Sierra Foothills, full throttle overdrive off to hold 75mph for a mile climb.

Cary

[quote author=ChuckB link=board=2;threadid=7759;start=msg65202#msg65202 date=1069268655]
People always look at me funny when I late apex in my 60 and brake hard which causes the tires to lock up and screech...what's their problem anyway :eek:
[/quote]

You should be clipping the apex, and getting the 2 inside wheels up as you push through, not braking...... :slap:

I have only really gunned it once. Getting on the freeway on a very short ramp, rain, dark, full size semi right next to me. Romped on it, actually surprised me how much it gave me. Best part, it scared the s*** out of the wife 8)

The V8 trans-am is our little speed demon. That car is quick. I prefer to go slow nowadays. I drive the 60 all the time and I am perfectly content going 60 in a 60 in a 70 :D

You should be clipping the apex, and getting the 2 inside wheels up as you push through, not braking......

True...but there's nothing like the look on my friends face when all four tires lock up and the slide begins :D

Besides that's what my 300ZX is for :flipoff2: :cheers:

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=7759;start=msg65228#msg65228 date=1069271381]
That's kinda what I was thinking! :-\

-H-
[/quote]

LOL......3FE On or Off :D

cept the 90 fj62.....I kid you not, it's the most powerfull and fastest 62 I have ever drivin...even with 33's it hauls arse, and it's bone stock with 240K

I do it every time I drive the 91. What is scary is when I switch to the wife's 94. Things look the same but the skinny pedal and the fat pedal have much different results in the two rigs.

About a half hour ago :flipoff2:

WOT for me :D , 7PSI, Methanol a pumpin' at 14GPH...... :flipoff2:

IT DO NOT get any better than that...... ;) (well, maybe with the smaller pulley on :flipoff2: )

I've never had the 1FZ-FE past 2,900RPM

Just over two weeks ago I was on my to visit my Sister in the TAC Rehabilitation(She was in a Car crash three weeks earlier on the last day of Secondary College) Centre on Springvale Road, Glen Waverley. Went via the South Eastern Freeway to Ferntree Gully Road, Approach the Slip lane into Springvale Road. - No one there, So I throttled the BJ40. - Got it sidways in a big way and sounded real good. :cheers:

19Nov2003 (UTC -8)

From San Jose to Los Angeles, about 380 miles --took me 4hrs & 30 min or thereabouts of driving time. :flipoff2: Oh, it was on a stock UZJ-100 with barely 5,000mi on the odometer, with the only mod was a Valentine-1 radar detector. That was the time I discovered that the UZJ-100 was rev limited to about 110+ mph.

GPS read 121 mph. I say OH SHEET and slow down. :whoops:

Not exactly a brilliant move, but hey, I'm on my 3rd engine. :flipoff2:

Pulling up the mild grade of my driveway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom