Can you ID that Vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is pretty unusual, but a very characteristic shape.
photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg

Looks like a Citroen to me, another one of those ugly cars from the 70s I never could understand people buying. Sorry all Citroen (and Avanti) owners...

Looks like a Citroen to me, another one of those ugly cars from the 70s I never could understand people buying. Sorry all Citroen (and Avanti) owners...

Hey C'mon now, Avanti's were cool cars! Now as for Citroen, I agree. It's a French thing. :meh:

Oh and I have no idea what car that is.

If I recall correctly they used a Citroen in the real movie "The Longest Yard". Burt Reynolds took the girlfriends "Maserati" and drove it into a lake of a pier. No way they would have done that to a real Maserati!

Here is one I saw today, one of two I have seen in Glendale in the last two weeks...

upload_2014-9-23_16-9-18.png

That's a stumper. Can you toss out a hint? Domestic or import?

They make full size Tonka trucks?! :redface:

Cool!

Yep very cool. FC 150 Jeep. After seeing it I had to do a little reading. Used from fire trucks to tow trucks. And yes, it is still a 4 wheeler!

Sorry, forgot the whole picture>

upload_2014-9-24_17-1-46.png

How about this baby... Model and Year - You don't need to ID the driver...

Scout_hill_3.JPG

62 IH scout

Close - '65 Scout 80

I bought this thing from some guy who bought it for his teenaged sons. They wanted nothing to do with the "old-schoolishness" of it, and it sat in his backyard for 3 years before he sold it to me.

I ran it for about 10 years before I bought my FJ-40.

It had the mighty 152 ci motor (which was the 304 V8 cut in half), an oil bath air cleaner, and a bunch of crazy features. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really very rugged....
Scout_3.JPG
Scout_5.JPG
Scout_Flag.JPG

Here's one...:hmm:

1965-Toyota-Sports-800-front-quarter-620x413.jpg

Murf -

Thanks. That truck is nearly identical to my '65. Mine was the "Red Carpet Special", too. See the decal on the dash. Here's what gets me about your article...

It’s been estimated that only 500 or so Red Carpet Specials were ever made, and today they are among the most sought-after early models among IH collectors.

Unfortunately when I was selling my scout, apparently there were only 2 or 3 IH collectors, so my car didn't really appear to be particularly sought after.
Scout_4.JPG

It had all the same stuff, swing out spare tire carrier, box under the seat, identical engine. I didn't have the fancy carpet. Thanks for posting.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom