Can a Hella Switch be used with my Slee Aux harness? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Previous owner had installed a pair of Hellas, complete with a green LED light switch. I recently purchased Slee replacement and Aux light harnesses, but neglected to get the switch. Any reason why i couldn't use this existing switch?

I read through the FSM, and it looks like it requires removal of the steering wheel to get that DS upper left panel off? I originally asked about the switch, as it's already wired, grounded and available in the engine bay, and I didn't want to go through all of the steps to open up the dash.

chiz45 said:
I read through the FSM, and it looks like it requires removal of the steering wheel to get that DS upper left panel off? I originally asked about the switch, as it's already wired, grounded and available in the engine bay, and I didn't want to go through all of the steps to open up the dash.
If you mean the upper panel where the switches go, then no, you don't need to remove the steering wheel.

Remove the bottom panel first -- you should find 2 or 3 screws holding it on, then remove the upper on -- no screws IIRC, just clips. Definitely a 1 :banana: job.

NorCalDoug said:
If you mean the upper panel where the switches go, then no, you don't need to remove the steering wheel.

Remove the bottom panel first -- you should find 2 or 3 screws holding it on, then remove the upper on -- no screws IIRC, just clips. Definitely a 1 :banana: job.

what if i am only a .5 :banana: ? I'll give it a try this weekend.

chiz45 said:

give it a shot grasshopper :D

I should note -- you may need to unclip some of the switches to get the panels completely loose.

chiz45 said:

Not difficult - just take your time and be careful as it's easy to crack something.

I used my Hella switch with my Slee Aux. harness with no problems.

I was going to say that buttons can be switched easily, just cut and splice. Course I was cheap and used a pep boy wire harness where me and a friend could cut and splice the whole thing to fit the truck the best way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom