calling all SOA 60's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been planning and scheming to start my spring over on my '87 FJ60. Have seen several that look real good, and I like everything that I've read about the performance. Was driving down the highway this weekend and saw a lifted 60 (don't know if it was SOA or not) coming in the opposite lane, but it looked bad. :dunno:Maybe I was just in a funky mood, but I was appalled at how bad it looked to me. Please help me get out of this funk. . . .can some of you with SOA 60's post some pics so I can regain my faith in this? I'm really interested in some head-on shots.

here's mine on 35's...this is a while ago, and it sits on 36's now, but you get the idea.

another one

I have a whole bunch of pics of ones that look so super good. Here's some of them. P.S. If I post one of yours and you want it off of here, just tell me...)

FJ60_SOA_tan_05.jpg

FJ60_SOA_yellow_safari.jpg

FJ60_SOA_safari_33s.jpg

FJ60_VZ_SOA_safari.jpg

J60_SOA_dkgray.jpg

J60_SOA_redorange4.jpg

And my favorite...the recently LOWERED Princess:
J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered.jpg

J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered2.jpg

J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered3.jpg

I hope these pics strengthen your believe of the goodness of the darkside... I have seen some that are BAD (and not in the good way) as well. But when I look at these ones, I can rest assured all will be well when my SOA is completed on my 60. By-the-way, the 5th one down (dark gray) rested on stock springs and those are only 33s!!! Who would have thought 33s would look good on an SOA 60? I believe all the rest are runnin' 35s...

I think the secret is some stock height springs (whether they be strengthened stock leaf packs or custom leaf packs is up to you...)

Good luck. HTH

Ben F

Thanks Fellahs,

I feel a bit better :-/

Lots of pics to look over . . .

:DSure, I'd love to see more of your 60 picture collection. There's no doubt in my mind that they look beautiful from the side view, angled away, towards, from rear - heck, they're a gorgeous vehicle. Thats why I got one. The one I saw on the highway just looked really narrow when viewing it head-on. It looked tippy and. . . well, bad. Maybe its a simple aesthetic thing related to tire width outside of the fenders?? Some of your pics, especially that gray one (head-on), look great. Again, thanks for the smiley caricature 'slap', the pics have given me good info, and I would love to see more . . . :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom