calling all SOA 60's (1 Viewer)

Been planning and scheming to start my spring over on my '87 FJ60. Have seen several that look real good, and I like everything that I've read about the performance. Was driving down the highway this weekend and saw a lifted 60 (don't know if it was SOA or not) coming in the opposite lane, but it looked bad. :dunno:Maybe I was just in a funky mood, but I was appalled at how bad it looked to me. Please help me get out of this funk. . . .can some of you with SOA 60's post some pics so I can regain my faith in this? I'm really interested in some head-on shots.

I have a whole bunch of pics of ones that look so super good. Here's some of them. P.S. If I post one of yours and you want it off of here, just tell me...)

FJ60_SOA_tan_05.jpg

FJ60_SOA_yellow_safari.jpg

FJ60_SOA_safari_33s.jpg

FJ60_VZ_SOA_safari.jpg

J60_SOA_dkgray.jpg

J60_SOA_redorange4.jpg

And my favorite...the recently LOWERED Princess:
J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered.jpg

J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered2.jpg

J60_SOA_safari_white_lowered3.jpg

I hope these pics strengthen your believe of the goodness of the darkside... I have seen some that are BAD (and not in the good way) as well. But when I look at these ones, I can rest assured all will be well when my SOA is completed on my 60. By-the-way, the 5th one down (dark gray) rested on stock springs and those are only 33s!!! Who would have thought 33s would look good on an SOA 60? I believe all the rest are runnin' 35s...

I think the secret is some stock height springs (whether they be strengthened stock leaf packs or custom leaf packs is up to you...)

Good luck. HTH

Ben F

:DSure, I'd love to see more of your 60 picture collection. There's no doubt in my mind that they look beautiful from the side view, angled away, towards, from rear - heck, they're a gorgeous vehicle. Thats why I got one. The one I saw on the highway just looked really narrow when viewing it head-on. It looked tippy and. . . well, bad. Maybe its a simple aesthetic thing related to tire width outside of the fenders?? Some of your pics, especially that gray one (head-on), look great. Again, thanks for the smiley caricature 'slap', the pics have given me good info, and I would love to see more . . . :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom