calling all aussies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do any of you from down under have or know of a 80 series with a subtank and lighted sunvisors? I need the vin # for a part lookup if possible.

Thanks all.
:cheers:

They all come with a subtank over here mate.
Big write ups done on this mod in usa not long ago.
Never heard of lighted sunvisors though.

I know about all the writeups but I need a very specific wiring harness part # for something else. I know that short visors with lights were available in Japan but I am hopeing for the same on maybe the high end trim version of the 80 in Australia. Maybe the hdj80's and high end late model FZJ80's.

Last edited:
Not even the top of the line VX Sahara had lights in the visors here in Oz. Sub tanks are common in all versions of the 80 here. HZJ80 (naturally aspirated 1HZ diesel motor), HDJ80 (turbo diesel 1HD-T, 1HD-FT and 1HD-FTE) and FZJ80 (1FZ petrol rubbish) are the engine types. Model variants are the Standard (also known as the poverty pack), GXL, VX and VX Sahara. The Standard and GXL all came in every engine type. The VX and VX Sahara only in HDJ80 and FZJ80.

As for a VIN #, I'll PM you with that.

I have never seen one with illuminated sunvisors in Australia, It wouldn't supprise me if this is a JDM only thing.
If you give us a bit of a hint as to what you need someone my be able to help you out.

I would like to acquire the wiring harness that has the overhead console and sunroof controls W/lighted mirror connectors. I know Japan has the overhead console with compass and altimeter W/lighted mirrors but I am hopeing for the same harness with the sub fuel gauge.

Ahhhhhhhh, now your making more sense. You want the VX Sahara one with the sunroof option. The overhead console on that has the sub tank and altimeter gauges as well as two auxilary cabin lights and sun roof controls.

Can't help you with a VIN # for that one sorry but drop an e-mail to Mal in the spare parts area of Canberra Toyota (parts.phillip@canberratoyota.com.au). He should be able to help you find the part number you're after.

Not a very good pic, but this is what Joel is talking about, with the mirror and the lights, under the rectangular flap.

They were available in the VX Limited models, I believe.

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg
PICT0023b.jpg

i bought the same visors off mot for my install in the near future. arent they just plug and play, ie: Overhead console roof wire harness (w/moon roof), 82171-60241, or no?cause i'll be doing the same install...with subtank gauge altimeter/sunroof and lighted visors so some help and wisdom would be great. let me know what u find out ie; parts numbers etc

Matt

I would like to acquire the wiring harness that has the overhead console and sunroof controls W/lighted mirror connectors. I know Japan has the overhead console with compass and altimeter W/lighted mirrors but I am hopeing for the same harness with the sub fuel gauge.

The part # that elmariachi has in his writeup for the subtank/altimeter overhead gauge is for that only. I was looking for one that has that, the moonroof connectors, and lighted visors. I found it and it MAY be discontinued. The PN is 82171-60250......

let me know what u find out if its available, that weird though with elemarachi's write up...as he wrote.....Overhead console roof wire harness (w/moon roof), 82171-60241.....so correct me if i'm wrong so ur saying that that part has only the connectors for the gauge pod....or has the connectors for the gauge pod and moonroof, but no connecotrs for the lighted visors.....again, let me know if thats what it is and if the proper wire harness is available

matt

The part # that elmariachi has in his writeup for the subtank/altimeter overhead gauge is for that only. I was looking for one that has that, the moonroof connectors, and lighted visors. I found it and it MAY be discontinued. The PN is 82171-60250......

Yes, you are correct, it has the connectors for moon roof and gauge pod but NOT lighted visors.

let me know through this thread if and when u find out if the harness is available...and part # etc, cause i'll be wanting it too...i'd appreciate it

matt

Yes, you are correct, it has the connectors for moon roof and gauge pod but NOT lighted visors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom