calling all 40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,

I know there are many 40s in phoenix (I see you guys and gals on the 40 tech page). is there anyone around or near queen creek/san tan?

sorry I'm down in Tucson. doubt I'll drive it up the interstate that far

I had my 70 FJ40 in the valley last year for the relic run. Probably the same distance to the start of the run as to San Tan Valley. The 70 thank heavens wasn't in the valley for more than a couple weeks. Would be interesting to have a roll called and see how many CSC members have at least one 4X series. I wrote 4X series as I know a few have other models.

I know a lot of the club have newer models, just trying to find the 40 crowd. Make a sort of network so we could come together or help each other out if someone needs assistance.

It is funny I am trying to get to know all of the 40 (4X) owners in Tucson

I live in fountain hills. Come on up sometime I have a shop with A/C! Here’s my rig.

I know a lot of the club have newer models, just trying to find the 40 crowd. Make a sort of network so we could come together or help each other out if someone needs assistance.

Think distance is the biggest problem. I have 40s in a few locations. Both a long way from San Tan Valley. Even Fountain Hills is a ways away.

Probably closer to John @splitshot . Quite a few 40 owners in the club just not posting up.

Have a ‘78 and now a ‘76 as well. I am up North though, Prescott Valley.

I had to drop my son off at a birthday party Saturday. Because of some road work i had to take a detour and saw a 79 Fj40 in Marana. i stopped to asked some questions about it and the guy wasn't home but talked to his wife. It has been id his family since new and his uncle gifted it to him, was about as much information as i could get from the wife. I tried to come back and talk about it but I think he was avoiding me thinking that i was wanting to buy it or try to buy it. No i just wanted to know the story and the history because I am a cruiser head. Owning one has only made the problem worse. Now i have no fear going up and talking to people about their 40's

I Have found trolling them to the local gas pump works, they are more open to conversation, lol.
What color was it?

Orange with chrome diamond plate
Too funny... Like this one? 😉
001.JPG

Yeah but I didn't see a rack on the back of it and the tires were all terrain BFG's
That must have been a popular color and upgrade in the early 90's. I was hooked (line and sinker), and the one in the pick is my 40 put to work this last fall in Oracle. I am there btw...
Old days we used to do an annual CSC Charlouleau Gap run on new years (usually with great turnout)... Might be some food for thought?

Storing 40’s is nice and all... but 40’s gotta be driven!!

If one wears out or breaks I can't afford to replace it today. I'm retired and on a fixed income.:cry: One of those four cost a lot more than the other three combined. Even throwing my 73 FST still under what the the one cost. The 73 cost a $1K. Certainly a little different than what a $1K buys today. Working on getting down to a point I can store them all in a insulated garage. Climate in the north is better for storing vehicles. Rubber and plastic doesn't dry out like in the valley. Just need to thin out more trees for when the next forest fire comes thru the area.

If one wears out or breaks I can't afford to replace it today. I'm retired and on a fixed income.:cry: One of those four cost a lot more than the other three combined. Even throwing my 73 FST still under what the the one cost. The 73 cost a $1K. Certainly a little different than what a $1K buys today. Working on getting down to a point I can store them all in a insulated garage. Climate in the north is better for storing vehicles. Rubber and plastic doesn't dry out like in the valley. Just need to thin out more trees for when the next forest fire comes thru the area.

I am in no way trying to criticize! Just jealous... ;)

C'mon! Any more 40's in Phoenix?

We should do a little 40's-series only gathering somewhere in Phoenix... perhaps once the weather improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom