Caliper bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Im having a bad day .... Two days ago I had a front axle brake job done at a local shop, I supplied the factory rotors and pads ...I drove away feel ing good and the truck stopping great .. tonite while making a trip to town a grinding noise alerted me to stop and check out what was going on .... A missing caliper bolt and the remaining one nearly falling out . There is a mid 90s toyota mini truck in the boneyard nearby my house and wondered if anyone knew if there was any chance of those bolts fitting an 86 fj 60 . A new one is to be ordered tomorrow, but just curious if any one knew before I went out and pulled it..?

You might have to drill/tap the hole and use a new bolt. Or you could use a helicoil with the stock size bolts. Lots of times the threads strip out for the caliper bolts..

Good luck

good info on the interchangability of the caliper bolts Thank you ! threads for the caliper on the steering Knuckle survived unscathed and the new/used bolt theaded in by hand and torqued solidly. back on the road and can drive down the mountain and give the shop who did the shi--y work a piece of my mind and maybe life time wheel balancing. I am quite capable of doing the brake job my self but I had the money and not the time. In the future I will have to find the time and save the money lest let some stoned hillbilly work on my rig and forget to tighten the freaking caliper bolts .....lesson leared ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom