calif, nv, or az engine rebuild machine shop recommendations. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so thinking unless im wrong its cheaper to rebuild my existing fj60 engine. it runs but 1st cyl is low comp and leakdown shows leak into oil fill.

can anyone recommend a machine shop or engine rebuilder that knows about 2f's in socal az or nevada?
would love to go with a high performance mosley motor. waiting to get a price on that or if they sell complete parts kits a local shop can do. def interested in any upgrades machine shop or builder can do on a budget while in there. plan is holley sniper install when it goes back in.

i have found some used and some rebuilt motors from projects that never happened but linda worried as no warranty and who knows who acutally assembled motor.

hoping i can rebuild my motor for 3500-4k range. unless im way off idk.

Thanks Mark

We’d be happy to rebuild your motor. But $3-4K budget is pretty low for an antique engine using OEM parts including machining costs from a specialty Land Cruiser shop that knows their way around these engines.

$6-10K is generally par for good quality engine build and machine work. Really depends on what else is done while all of this is occurring. A lot of systematic possibilities.

I spent over $5K 15 years ago with a mix of OE and quality USA aftermarket parts. Balanced 2F w/ balanced new OEM Clutch, Pressure plate, and new OE Flywheel.

If you're still in Riverside, these guys used to do MAFs rebuilds and still do K&H rebuilds.

Kyle @
Martin Davidson Automotive Machine
18410 Gault St Reseda, CA 91335
(818) 705-2441

Coming off your other thread there is no cheap way around it unless you can do the work yourself. Cheapest route used long block with good compression and that's still a shot in the dark. Then pull your engine yourself pull all your components of your engine transfer those onto the used long block then install that engine in your 60. Or pull your engine have it rebuilt and reinstall it yourself. Ooor take it to a shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom