Cahaba WMA (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you want easy wheeling and nice scenery out side of a "park" i would suggest Little River Canyon Preserve
http://www.nps.gov/liri/index.htm

But as Speeder Said Stony is a great park with lots to offer.

link to 70 series meet up...

@mjl132 stopped updating his 40 series thread I need something else to lurk.

Stony Lonesome is YOUR park! Great large area to kick tires and a day's worth of easy double track trails... It'll go to as wild as you want or stay as mild as you want.
I'd like to come out and see these rigs as well! I've wheeled with a lot of yall, so seeing these rigs together would be awesome!
Probably looking at late August / early September and I will let you know if we head that way.

Stony Lonesome is YOUR park! Great large area to kick tires and a day's worth of easy double track trails... It'll go to as wild as you want or stay as mild as you want.
I'd like to come out and see these rigs as well! I've wheeled with a lot of yall, so seeing these rigs together would be awesome!
Do they keep some of the trails open even if they have had excessive rain? Is lodging (hotels / motels) available in the local area?
Thanks

We are slowly getting our ducks in a row for a 70 Series gathering at Stony Lonesome in mid to late September and would appreciate some guidance on Lodging (hotels) and some recommendations on restaurants.
Thanks, Charles

We are slowly getting our ducks in a row for a 70 Series gathering at Stony Lonesome in mid to late September and would appreciate some guidance on Lodging (hotels) and some recommendations on restaurants.
Thanks, Charles

I think I could probably get you guys some guides scheduled. Tyler the Park Manager is top notch. And never fails to provide us with guides who love showing folks a good time. Quite a few of the "locals" have become good friends.
There are some AWESOME little cabins on-site that have bunks, bathroom, showers. They are made from Convex containers, but really awesome. They also have larger cabins on site with porches and sleep ALOT. The amenities are not The Hilton, but probably the best I've ever seen at an offroad park, and that's honest.
Cullman is a very decent small city, and has pretty much any national restaurant you can think of. There's a decent mexican place we go eat at that is about 15 minutes from the park and close to Walmart and Starbucks.
I think everyone will be pleased with Stony AND Cullman as to what they have to offer. Even the parking there is HUGE and is literally right beside the cabins. In most case, you can park literally on your doorstep.
I'm excited for ya'll!

Oh yeah... I will warn you however, Some folks are planning a Rock Bouncing event and it's leaning towards late September. I'm thinking, you will not want to be there that weekend. They were thinking October, but that month is slammed with events across the calendar, so it's likely going to be late September.

I think I could probably get you guys some guides scheduled. Tyler the Park Manager is top notch. And never fails to provide us with guides who love showing folks a good time. Quite a few of the "locals" have become good friends.
There are some AWESOME little cabins on-site that have bunks, bathroom, showers. They are made from Convex containers, but really awesome. They also have larger cabins on site with porches and sleep ALOT. The amenities are not The Hilton, but probably the best I've ever seen at an offroad park, and that's honest.
Cullman is a very decent small city, and has pretty much any national restaurant you can think of. There's a decent mexican place we go eat at that is about 15 minutes from the park and close to Walmart and Starbucks.
I think everyone will be pleased with Stony AND Cullman as to what they have to offer. Even the parking there is HUGE and is literally right beside the cabins. In most case, you can park literally on your doorstep.
I'm excited for ya'll!
Greatly appreciated......

Oh yeah... I will warn you however, Some folks are planning a Rock Bouncing event and it's leaning towards late September. I'm thinking, you will not want to be there that weekend. They were thinking October, but that month is slammed with events across the calendar, so it's likely going to be late September.
We are shooting for 9/26-27 but 9/19-20 is also a possibility. Finding a date that is suitable to everyone is like stacking round toothpicks. :)

Woo. I'll pay special attention to the times they set this other event then. And keep you in the loop. I'm about to text the guy organizing and see what date he has in mind, to give you a head start.

Woo. I'll pay special attention to the times they set this other event then. And keep you in the loop. I'm about to text the guy organizing and see what date he has in mind, to give you a head start.
Thanks.... My email: "78toyota@gmail.com"
While it would be a plus to ride some trails during the weekend, are main goal is to get as many 70 Series owners together in one location so we can meet each other. We have spoken to each other for years on 'MUD but in many cases have not actually met each other.

Cool. The dates you supplied seem to work. No big event seems to be those dates.

Cool. The dates you supplied seem to work. No big event seems to be those dates.
Most of the 70 Series are diesels so if we leave my mid September we can arrive by late September. :)
Thanks for your assistance.

The 70 Series guys are headed that way in late September (9/26-27). :)

That stinks.
Do people still go to gardendale?

Prolly always will, but last year they CRACKED down HARD on the RZR folks. So it calmed down quite a bit, but folks will always go out there.

This is what we are running in the 70 Series a Tech section ......Hello all 70 Series owners
Charles and I have picked a date to meet and talk 70 Series Tech (this is for you Mr. Moderator) and other issues (using PBR cans for sheet metal repairs in the field!) and want all owners and those interested in the 70 Series to meet up on the weekend of September 25, 2015 at Stony Lonesome OHV Park (www.stonylonesomeohv.us) in Cullman AL. Alberto may be making a cameo appearance and we may have a vendor or two.
This is not limited to folks in the southeast region of the USA so CDan, Karter, Ward and any of our mates from down under are all encouraged to attend. If someone wants to fly into Nashville, I could pick you up. If you fly into Atlanta, Charles, Onur and Larry D. are your drivers that weekend.
Stony Lonesome is a 1400+ acre park with trails as mild or wild as you would like. We'll probably do some light wheeling, consume some cold beverages, shoot the breeze and little else. Camping and cabins are available at the Park but we'll likely be roughing it in the Comfort Suites a little north of the Park.
If you've wanted to put a face to an avatar, this will be an opportunity! Come on down and spend some time with other folks that have spent their kids' college fund on a 25 year old truck! Good times!
Peter
p.s. This e-mail is all the planning I'm likely to do for this event. Charles is in charge from this point forward! <smile>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom