Cahaba WMA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone want to go out riding in the WMA tomorrow? Maybe after lunch? It's not very challenging but a good place to explore around.

Maybe take the trek down coalmont road to the old railroad bridge, cross the creek and work our way to the slab and the old quarry. I'd like to explore around the quarry somemore anyways.

If anyone wants to tag along feel free!! I know it's short notice but it's in town starting in Helena and ending around montevallo

PM sent

If anyone is up for going I'm going to try to meet at the Publix in Helena at 1pm. I'll be checking this thread throughout the morning

Seems like everyone was busy today. Maybe try again tomorrow after people do their church thing.

Been at a softball tournament since 9.

Found some new places in the WMA today. Thought I punctured a tire. I could clearly hear air coming out of a tire. I moved forward to get to some flat ground before the tire went flat. As soon as I moved forward out of the ditch the air leak stopped and didn't give me any more problems the rest of the trek

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyone want to try to make a trip to the WMA this weekend? I'm home and wanting to test out my no running boards mod (if that makes sense). I went out there a few weeks ago and made it to a place called ''The Shoals'' no one happened to be there and was a good easy spot to cross the river or hangout.
Who is up for going?
10352096_10202718459935137_524697815962610035_n.jpg

Last time:

Anyone up for going this weekend? Didn't know if there was another trail ride this weekend or not, but the WMA is a fun place to go explore. Saturday or Sunday????

Anyone?

I live in alabaster about 3 miles from the Publix. Do they "close" the WMA during hunting season, or patrol it? I've been back there to shoot but that is as far back as I have been. If you decide to go give me a shout. If i can get out for a bit i will. I cant stray too far from the house right now.

zac
20548232two5

I've heard about game wardens out there. But I have personally not seen one. I usually stick to established places. I usually go way down coalmont road where the landscape starts to open up and less trees. I'm not worried about getting to an area where guys are hunting

Whats everyone doing tomorrow? (sunday 6/14) I haven't been out riding in awhile and its boring to go alone. Who's up for something? maybe meet somewhere around 1:30? Doesn't have to be the WMA either. I'd kind of prefer somewhere else honestly. I've got a place in mind that also in Helena. May need to scope it out today.

Anyone??

Whats everyone doing tomorrow? (sunday 6/14) I haven't been out riding in awhile and its boring to go alone. Who's up for something? maybe meet somewhere around 1:30? Doesn't have to be the WMA either. I'd kind of prefer somewhere else honestly. I've got a place in mind that also in Helena. May need to scope it out today.

Anyone??
Is the place your talking about in Helena down Elvira rd. ?

Is the place your talking about in Helena down Elvira rd. ?

No, Down on the powerlines between the quarry and ball parks. Rode out there last Saturday and nothing was really that challenging so I may try to find another place. I've heard of the stuff down Elvira road but never been down there to see it in person. I got the impression it was just mud holes down there.

Pretty sure the "elvira road" trail is the back side of the "Hoover Met Trails"... which is all illegal no matter how anyone tries to skew it.

Edit: funny story about those trails. I went up to GrayRock for the Dirt Riot race last month and we did some riding afterwards. So I was pretty muddy. Coming back to the motor-house around 9ish I passed a HPD on Stadium Trace. Looked in my rear view and he had killed his lights and u-turned to follow me. I laughed as I turned in and he kept going towards Bumpus... He then circled the park. LOL. He thought he had caught a live one.
Folks are always saying "they don't care...." but THEY DO. Just because you may not see them out there the two hours you're out there... having spent a lot of time over here... I can tell you, they spend a lot of time guarding those entrances on the Hoover side.

Last edited:
It's the back side if the Hoover PD range..
There are some large timber tracks and a lake. Some of the " roads" around the lake show on the map as county roads or at least they used too. These "roads" are nothing but mud holes.

There may be more to it but thats what I know of.

Maybe... I know there is a sign at the gate that says something about Hoover PD.

Old maps show a county road going right through it to the Elvira Rd. area.

I don't know about Hoover owning the range.. I've been shooting out there before but that was at least 15 years ago. So things may have changed. I've never ventured back down Elvira road because the people hanging out and riding back there are usually up to no good and just want to play in the mud.

Not to hijack your thread, but a group of 70 Series owners throughout the southeast are looking for a place for a "meet and greet" that might offer "light wheeling". Is this place suitable for that or do you have other suggestions in Alabama?
Thanks, Charles / Thomasville, Ga.

Not to hijack your thread, but a group of 70 Series owners throughout the southeast are looking for a place for a "meet and greet" that might offer "light wheeling". Is this place suitable for that or do you have other suggestions in Alabama?
Thanks, Charles / Thomasville, Ga.

Stony Lonesome is YOUR park! Great large area to kick tires and a day's worth of easy double track trails... It'll go to as wild as you want or stay as mild as you want.
I'd like to come out and see these rigs as well! I've wheeled with a lot of yall, so seeing these rigs together would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom