For Sale CA 2000 Lexus LX 470, $12,000, Mileage: 113K, Fully Loaded: Nakamichi and more! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posted on the wrong section! Here you go guys! :)
And Thank You, fangtl, for referring me to ih8mud from the club lexus forum!

2000 Lexus LX 470

Price $12,000!

Mileage: 113,692

Shipping: Local Pickup Only, Southern California.

For questions / inquiries, PM through ih8mud or call 818-282-5166.

This is a FAMILY TWO OWNER / NON-SMOKER Vehicle

Images below and
For More Images, Follow This Link: Pictures by srilanka4321 - Photobucket

Fully Loaded - Nakamichi Premium Sound...Cruise Control...Power Steering...A/C...Heated Seats...Cupholders: Front and Rear...Door Pockets: Driver, Passenger, and Rear...Seatback Storage...12V DC Power Outlet...Walnut Wood Trim...Tan Interior...Electro-Luminescent Gauges...8 Seats

Performance - 4.7-liter V8 Powerplant! HP: 230. Max RPM: 4,800. Valve Gear: DOHC. Emssions: LEV. Vehicle Skid Control (VSC) with Brake Assist and Traction Control System (TRAC). Adjustable Height Control (AHC).

Please Note* - Current GPS/Radio Head Unit/RCA Outputs/Back-Up Camera installed in the Vehicle will not be included, but will swap with OEM Nakamichi Headunit before final purchase from buyer.

Follow this link for OEM Nakamichi Head Unit: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg208/scaled.php?server=208&filename=imag0220w.jpg&res=medium

DSC05675.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05690.jpg

DSC05684.jpg

DSC05722.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

DSC05716.jpg

DSC05714.jpg

DSC05711.jpg

DSC05747.jpg

Has a Timing Chain, so it doesn't require belt/pump change! :cool:

I'm confused, can you elaborate?

The 2UZ-FE V-8 engine is an interference-based V-8 with a timing belt....

The service interval for that belt is 90k miles

Your truck has 113k on it.

Does the truck currently have the belt that was installed when new or has the service interval been observed and therefore on its second timing belt?

The dealer usually suggests doing the waterpump at the same time as the timing belt...was this done?

I'm confused, can you elaborate?

The 2UZ-FE V-8 engine is an interference-based V-8 with a timing belt....

The service interval for that belt is 90k miles

Your truck has 113k on it.

Does the truck currently have the belt that was installed when new or has the service interval been observed and therefore on its second timing belt?

The dealer usually suggests doing the waterpump at the same time as the timing belt...was this done?

No worries, often people question about that replacement. Some LX470s came with the timing chain, which rarely needs to be replaced. But if it came with a timing belt then yes it would need to be replaced by the 90k mark.

For more clarification regarding the timing chain, follow these club lexus threads:
2000 lx 470 q - Club Lexus Forums

Applies to an LX450, but can gain similiar knowledge for the LX470.
What to look for in buying a used LX450? - Club Lexus Forums

Also you can check the records of service, since we have had this truck serviced through Vista Lexus Woodland Hills from the day we bought it from the 1st owner. Just go to any Lexus Dealership and they can pull up the reports. :) PM me for the name the car is under.

You can also verify it has a timing chain with the VIN#:
JT6HT00W2Y0101378

Me want too, but a little short on the asking price....Cash + trade? Same color combo as my 80....

I'm sorry, but it has a timing belt. It should have been changed by now and it doesn't sound like it has been. GLWS.

Please see Club Lexus threads about "timing chain" in my previous thread post. Also will see If I can take a picture of it sometime this upcoming week to verfiy for you guys. :)

Also for any North California members. Will be up in there in Sunnyvale for a function from Saturday-Sunday. If you want to see the car, please PM a time to meet.

Please see Club Lexus threads about "timing chain" in my previous thread post. Also will see If I can take a picture of it sometime this upcoming week to verfiy for you guys. :)

Sorry, the thread you linked to also indicates that this truck does indeed have a timing belt, as do all LX470's and other vehicles powered by the 2UZ-FE V8. It's a good looking truck nonetheless, good luck with the sale!

I have the same suv and am 99.9999999% sure it has a belt considering I paid a lot of money couple years ago to have it changed. done by off the clock Lexus mechanic. I have a friend with the same thing and he has 230k on his and has never had the belt changed.
Nice suv for the money. Should be an easy sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom