Buying another 80 questions (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like others I have come to realize that I need another land cruiser. I have been going through craigslist and MUD trying to find the right one. I've went to look at four of them so far but haven't driven one home.

Is it just me, or is every 80 on craigslist ragged out? Torn seats, destroyed carpet, broken windshields, windows and locks that are not working, no maintenance done, rust, and even stinky. I feel like I've seen it all. And to make matters worse 1 in 5 on craigslist appear to be scam artists. Sure let me send that check to your uncle and he can just ship me the cruiser. If I am not happy, he will pay to have it shipped back. How sweet.

Finding a good land cruiser has become a lot harder than it was a few years ago. Finding a great one might be like the proverbial unicorn.

Other than MUD, Craigslist, and Ebay, any other good sources of finding a good vehicle?
I hear you availbe rigs I drove st8 thru to alabama to pick mine up zero rust

Think she found one by now

You guys know the op resides in Maine right?

Yes I agree. Except for mine.:grinpimp:

Yeah that is high even for that area and in white.

I paid about $11,000 for my '96 with 113,000 miles.
What year? My 94 only had 94.5k miles. Bought out of CA in 2016. 11 wouldn’t have touched it.

Find one without rust that needs fixing up and fix it up, imo. As far as I’m concerned no rust is the #1 issue and everything else can be fixed. If it’s clapped out just rebuild it and drive it another 20 years. A well maintained and mechanically sound older vehicle is a lot to ask for ime.

They're not getting any cheaper, especially the ones that are stock/lowish miles and clean. I bet in 5 years that $14K price would be seen as a steal.

Bought mine 5 years ago for just under $5K. 3X locks, white 111K miles and every service record since day one from the original owner in the Bay Area. Glad I didn't hesitate! PO was replacing this cruiser with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo to get to his cabin in Tahoe. Thank god for rich people getting rid of their junk!

First thing I look for is rust on the bottom of the back hatch by the rear wiper and it’s there on that green one from florida.

First thing I look for is rust on the bottom of the back hatch by the rear wiper and it’s there on that green one from florida.
Not sure what you see, but there is absolutely ZERO rust under the rear wiper.

ok my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom