Buying a Taco with 250k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to buy a fully built out Tacoma with 250k. Am I stupid for buying a vehicle with that many miles? and am I overpaying? This would be my first overlander--I'm just trying to get into it.

Here is what the seller said about it--haven't see yet. I'm looking at it on Saturday

$14,000
250k miles
SR5 / TRD Off Road

Purchased about two years ago factory and added:
  • Coastal Off-road front and rear high clearance bumpers (rear bumper has extra tire mount + dual jerry can holder)
  • OME rear lift shackles
  • New leaf springs with bushings Bilstein 5100s in the rear Bilstein 6112s in the front with
  • Total Chaos UCAs New lower ball joints less than 5k miles on them
  • Rock sliders
  • Differential Drop Kit
  • Prinsu Roof rack and do have the top rack just haven’t installed on the cap (no I will not part the cap)
  • New Front and Rear Brakes,
  • rotors, drums, and pads
  • All belts changed less than 10k miles
  • New plugs
  • eBay snorkel
  • K&N drop in filter
  • Has the factory E locker.
  • Probably more I’m missing.
The only thing this is missing is a RTT. I would sell the bed camper and replace with a tent.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

I've been offered $10000 for my 1999 model hooptee with a 3rz, non ABS, roll down windows, and 5spd on 33s. I mean, what are you willing to pay? Looks like all the suspension is fresh. What shape is the tranny and motor would be next on my list to look at.

That's for sure a premium for the truck IMO.

I'd take a look at the frame condition closely. It looks like the body/bed line is a little out of whack, narrowing at the base.... but maybe that's just exaggerated by the camper shell.
1642788164886.png

Either way I do see some signs that would bring about concern...Spare tire carrier appears to be pretty well rusted...and behind the coilover in the bucket...

1642788223958.png
1642788269389.png

It all boils down to what you want and what the market is like in your area. I'd say for a nice one that needs minimal work...that would be close to max pricing, but likely worth it if that's what YOU want. Either way I'd plan on replacing the valve cover gaskets and timing belt/idlers/tensioner/water pump if it has not been done with OEM parts recently. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom