Busted Knuckle! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on rebuilding the knuckles since the right knuckle needs replaced and I was wondering what else I need to get along with the knuckle itself. I am getting a Marlin Crawler knuckle rebuild kit, new wheel bearings and a seal kit. Do I need to get new shims since the knuckle is out of commission? Will I have to properly seat it since it wont be the old knuckle seating into the old shims? I am very new to all of this and got this vehicle to learn. If one knuckle is busted is it worth it to get a new one for the other side? The other side(left side) looks fine. Would it be worth it to go all the way and get new bolts and what not as well

I have read other posts on the knuckle job and have been doing my youboob info gathering as well. I just didn't check close enough to see that the knuckle is toast before ordering everything else :bang:

Thanks,
Bagel

image000000.jpg

2020111595095828.jpg

It is certainly not right, but it will be hard to know what needs to be replaced until you have it apart. Count on at least a knuckle rebuild kit.

Last edited:
Marlins a quality set. They don't supply the lock down nuts. Also I have more confidence in factory axle seals.

Vic, I have not been driving it at all. Its got a few other issues with it that need addressed before being able to daily it. BUT, it does wobble quite a bit. Its funny because when I picked it up I drove it 2 hours home with no wobble whatsoever so its interesting that it started to wobble after I had it parked for a couple weeks.

Would you recommend I spend an extra ~$30 to get the axle seals from toyota? I have Koyo wheel bearings on the way

No need to get the wheel bearing seals if you're buying the Marlin kit the Marlin kit has quality wheel bearing seals also called Hub seal. The axle seals people either swear by the Marlin Eco seal or hate them. I buy them from my local supplier they come in a corteco box and they're OME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom