Bushing Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a pair of Ironman springs for the rear of my rig, but I need to order bushings and u-bolts in order to install them. My question to you guys is that the spring eyes measure ~36mm, while MAF says their bushings are for 35mm spring eyes. I have never heard of a difference in spring eye diameter, so am I measuring incorrectly or should I locate some Ironman bushings ( PITA )???

Thats interesting that you measured the spring eyes and got a different measurement than the stock springs. I was not aware of that difference.

Now I'm eager to know the answer to this since I'm running Ironman springs too.

But I do think you either are not measuring correctly or the 35MM size quotes by MAF is just an estimate. If you look first thread started in this section where a bunch of people were buying the ironman ebay kits, some of those guys used extended shackles with their springs and probably different bushings as well. Maybe you can find some info about this in that thread somewhere.

EDIT: here's a link

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/98744-2-ironman-lift.html

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those numbers that is not all that critical. Consider what you are measuring, a big chunk of metal that was cooked and bent around a mandrel. If it was a drilled hole with metal to metal contact I might be more concerned.

One rough way to check is to put something that is 35mm into the spring eye and see how it fits. Measure a socket and see if you have one that size. It could be that the outer edge of the spring eye is slightly larger than the center. Worth checking anyway.

Tony

Agreed. Just for references' sake, later 60 and 62 stock spring pin size is 18 mm and the spring eye diameter for a 6x series spring, either stock or aftermarket, should be 35mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom