Bundy Hill Off Road Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be up there at 9 if anyone wants to meet for breakfast, there is a restaurant next door.

Thanks for the heads ups guys, but me and my 60 will be in East Lansing for the MSU/Notre Dame football game. I was down there last weekend for the MSU/Bowling Green game. My son is a freshman.

Little know fact - FJ60s are not only bad-ass trail rigs, but make a great tailgating vehicle. Tepui awning created a bit of a buzz as I set up surrounded by brand new SUVs in the Jenison Fieldhouse lot.

ElviMcCoy, that's ironic; I live walking distance to MSU and my son is a Freshman Culinary student in Traverse City.
Let me know if you need a place to park while down here or if your son needs anything. We have a few acres 12 miles north of town that can be camped on (no facilities) or you can park in our driveway...heck, you can even leave the 60 here.

My son has a 2002 Camry, 5-Speed manual that he's been driving all over Northern LP and the UP on weekends...sleeping in the trunk with back seats down ;?) He's a born overlander (who needs to get a job).

Looks like a good time, I have been following the thread but it's field trial season so I will be camping in a parking lot in Ionia. Got to run the bird dogs.

Saw a blue 40 at a shop on Maple Rd. in Troy, AKIE15?

Saw a blue 40 at a shop on Maple Rd. in Troy, AKIE15?

Yes. It was at Buzz off Automotive. They aren't cruiser guys but they are very competent, good guys. It's nice to support a local business --- they also contribute to the community as volunteer firefighters. Now and again, they bug out for an emergency in the middle of business hours -- pretty cool.

My office is just down the street, ISC Services just past Crooks Rd, every time I drove by I wanted to pull in to see who's it was! What did you have done there?

They put in an instrument cluster a few months back.

Also had them redo my exhaust system--- it basically had flow masters and was too loud for me--- still too loud but it no longer shakes my house when I start it.

It was there for a week or 2 recently to try to solve a stalling issue. Ending up posting a question in tech - the sage advise from mudders seems to have solved it.

Stalls and won't crank

Would love to meet up with you guys, but we have family in from Indiana all weekend...and Steelhead fishing is a priority when my uncle comes to town.

Enjoy, and please take pictures!!

I'm planning to get there around 10-10:30...bringing the 80 and some passengers

If anyone needs my cell-419.six3six.7611

IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG

Good time today, we will have to meet closer to the Detroit/Ann Arbor area next time.

Sorry to have missed you all... looking forward to the next meeting.

I did get my suspension done in time for Expo East September 29 - 31 in NC. Very impressed with the upgraded performance.

At least until I let my son take it to Bundy Hill and he painted it entirely Taliban Tan... the only place there isn't mud is in the airbox... I do H8Mud! Rear sway bar link snapped too... have to find a pair of 80 extended links.

IMG_4916.jpg

TLCFAQ thread lists an 80 Series is longer and fits. I'm web-surfing for one now and probably call Marshall at Trollhole Cruisers in the morning and Christo at Slee. Thinking of just replacing the swaybar and bushings while I'm at it. After 18 years and 246k miles it might be time ;?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom