Bundy Hill Off Road Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll try to make it, too. I'm not sure if I have plans or work...

I haven't driven my 40 for 2 hrs away from home, but maybe it's a good day to try - still not sure how reliable it is. If not, I'll just bring my pickup.

Alan

I am a maybe. I had another commitment, but it may be flexible. I'll know soon. Possible also that my daughter and I bring both 80's.

Shout out to Jonathan @Ocho77, Tim @ElviMcCoy too.

Yeah @Hornd was in the UP last weekend so this should be an easy one, even though his wife referred to the old 40 as a "Jeep" last time I was at his place!!!

Yeah @Hornd was in the UP last weekend so this should be an easy one, even though his wife referred to the old 40 as a "Jeep" last time I was at his place!!!

Still makes me turn red from embarrassment every time.
I did have an 80 Failure in the UP! Had a few too many, this guy drove
IMG_0798.JPG

and the seat would not move back!
Same fella that is putting my tools in the Sandbox
IMG_0569.JPG

Future Cruiser junkie so your raising him right.

Thanks for the heads ups guys, but me and my 60 will be in East Lansing for the MSU/Notre Dame football game. I was down there last weekend for the MSU/Bowling Green game. My son is a freshman.

Little know fact - FJ60s are not only bad-ass trail rigs, but make a great tailgating vehicle. Tepui awning created a bit of a buzz as I set up surrounded by brand new SUVs in the Jenison Fieldhouse lot.

Thanks for the heads ups guys, but me and my 60 will be in East Lansing for the MSU/Notre Dame football game. I was down there last weekend for the MSU/Bowling Green game. My son is a freshman.

Little know fact - FJ60s are not only bad-ass trail rigs, but make a great tailgating vehicle. Tepui awning created a bit of a buzz as I set up surrounded by brand new SUVs in the Jenison Fieldhouse lot.
Coolest truck in the house!

Not sure if you have ever read it, but the thread about @Luke111 's 80 (I know, an 80 not a 60) is one of the finest builds ever on the forum. There is an excellent example of how an awning set up is quite the magnet to the ladies - for the single gents of course.

Execution throughout is inspiring!

Quick Qs for the Michigan guys -

Truck starts fine. Volts start dropping quick at stop lights. Quicker when heat/AC on. Alternator??
Also - strong smell of exhaust inside car while driving. Tailpipe is cracked/hole on topside of pipe above rear axel...

Sounds like an alternator.

Could be the regulator and the 85 60 has a regulator bolted to the outside of the alternator. I don't know if it would come with a new alternator or not. If it comes with, then just replace both. If it doesn't I could probably scare up the testing procedure.

I agree with Gumby, sounds like alternator. I bet that exhaust leak is your problem. Those underneath leaks seem to get sucked inside even if they are way back.

It's looking pretty good for me to be able to go on the 23rd. It might be me and my youngest daughter in both of our 80's

Ahh...alternator problems, at least they are easy to fix! Praying for good weather on the 23rd myself.

Well, unfortunately it is not going to happen for me on the 23rd. I am told I am going to the CMU football game with another couple and our daughters. They are old friends we rarely see and our daughters are roommates at CMU. Should be a great time and all, but it amazes me how these things seem to always fall on the same weekend. I hope you all have a great time, and take lots of pictures!

For anyone who's going the weather is supposed to be 80 and sunny all weekend.

For anyone who's going the weather is supposed to be 80 and sunny all weekend.

I was hoping it wouldn't be that hot--- It's going to be a hot ride. Maybe I'll take off the rear window.

What time are we meeting?

I was thinking about getting there early (before it's hot) about when it opens and sticking around for a few hours.

I was hoping it wouldn't be that hot--- It's going to be a hot ride. Maybe I'll take off the rear window.

What time are we meeting?

I was thinking about getting there early (before it's hot) about when it opens and sticking around for a few hours.

Second that. They open at 9am...I was thinking of getting there between 9-10am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom