Build Thread for Sprinkles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after many months of work. I've finally finished my 80 series build. Had to pawn my grandmother's ashes, but the build looks sick with all this chrome!!!

0401211320_HDR.jpg
0401211326_HDR.jpg
0401211323_HDR.jpg
0401211324_HDR.jpg
0401211322b_HDR.jpg

Jokes aside, I picked up this 96 in Dallas last week for $1500. She runs and drives, and has a relatively nice interior. Engine & Exhaust were making some noises at the time of purchase but I bought this vehicle knowing it may cost me a rebuild or an engine drop-in. The previous owner passed away and the family was looking to get rid of it without knowing the value of the car. Can't say if I've overpaid or underpaid yet, but If this does not require an engine rebuild, I will be a very happy/lucky buyer. I have found mouse droppings/nesting inside, poorly spliced/exposed wires, a mirror held on by a bungee cord, and a few more issues. Those speakers in the back? Screwed in and covered completely in fiberglass, so I couldn't remove them without creating a serious mess.

I've named her Sprinkles because the previous owner probably enjoyed a sprinkle of coke every time they decided to go to his local gas station or car wash to bump his music.

Paid Costs So Far :

Pimped Ride : $1500
Hood Struts : $25
Tailgate Struts : $30
Air Intake Hose : $55
Denso Spark Plugs (6) : $30
Denso Spark Plug Wires (Boot Seal) : $50
Interior LED lights : $20
Plastic Piece for Tailgate Hatch Lock Mechanism : $5
Side Mirrors (2) : $115
Denso Oil Filter : $5

Total : $1835

(Anyone know how to mark this as a build thread? Thanks!)

Trying to De-pimp this ride. Here are some pictures of the fiberglass action. I've removed the chrome tip on the exhaust, the chrome tail light protectors, the chrome side mirrors, and the speaker set up and wiring. As I stated in the previous post, all the supports for the fiberglass top speakers were put inside the fiberglass. So there wasn't really an option other than going to town with a saw followed by a shop vac. I'd advise wearing an old hoodie, glasses, and a mask.

0401211830.jpg
0401211927_HDR.jpg

No beauty shots until I can get some new rims, embarrassed to drive it as is.

Holy hell, that is tacky AF! Glad it found a new owner who will bring some dignity back to this rig. I'm excited to see this thing transform back to its roots!

Yoooooo! I have some new goals for my truck! 10:10 pimped.

Thanks for the great reactions, makes me feel better. Heres what I've done since my last post, (261,000 miles btw). New struts for hood and tail gate, which is great because the hood kept hitting me...

New Oil and Oil Filter. My cousin just purchased his 80 two weeks ago, so we both did it at the same time. What a royal pain in the a** it was for both of us, ended up welding a socket to the old filter.

New Airfilter. Removed old alarm system and what I imagine is either a Key FOB range extender or some out of date GPS tracker (?).

Still looking for rims and tires. :(, but I found somewhere in Houston TX that would pass an inspection for these cars no matter what. I had one mirror tied on with speaker wire... And passed! Hopefully getting plates monday.

New brighter bulbs for the front stock lights. Also ended up having to fix the rear tailgate lock, Autozone had some plastic pieces that will work for like, $5. Solved my problem with my exterior lock not working.

Also did a compression test and seafoamed the oil and gas. Passed the compression test for now..

Had a great experience with wits' end. Thought an order had gone wrong but Joey was super chill and helpful. Ended up with some money back because an order had to be split into two shipments. Looking forward to installing the parts and being a returning customer!

Still a lot of chrome BS. Sprinkles is starting to get some much needed love.
0402211301_HDR.jpg

0402211301_HDR.jpg

Its been a minute since my last update. Heres some of what ive done and installed so far.

Wits End - Engine Little Hose Kit : $45
[Wits End - Radiator Hose Kit : $75
Wits End - Complete Belt kit : $20
Wits End - Curved Heater hose : $65
Wits End - Valve Kit : $60
Wits End - Cover Leak Kit : $100
Wits End - Vacuum Hose : $15
Wits End - Idler Pulley : $40
Radiator Cap : $5
Radiator : $160
Denso Spark Plugs (6) : $30
Denso Spark Plug Wires : $50

New spark plug seals, valve cover gasket, fuel door spring, and more. Switched some of the interior lights to led.

Found some new rims and tires for $400. The old chrome rims had 4 different types of lug nuts, two of which were locking so we were forced to weld to them (no key). I wake up every day with resentment towards PO.

Trying to get it ready for a trip to Arkansas by May 6th. Brake kits and new axle rebuild kits with new bearings are on the way! Currently sitting here with costs (not all are listed here) unfortunately, cosmetic work has taken a back seat for the moment.

Shocked that I dont have more pictures! The new rims and wheels give the car new life.

Parts Costs Est. : $2885
Total Vehicle Est. $4385

0416212201a.jpg

0416212201c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom