Build: "Moxie" 2007 LX470 Limited (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey man! I’ve read posts here and there where you’ve been busy with more mods - All of which sounded awesome. Any chance you could post some updated pics with the new bumpers, fridge slide, etc.? Excited to see this project come together

Just installed the Dakota DL+ Lithium 135 amp hour battery. This thing will EASILY run the electronics in the truck for a long time and can also crank the engine. This pairs nicely with the 130 amp alternator in the truck. As a bonus, it's a bit lighter than the OEM battery
View attachment 3208456

How has this battery upgrade aged?

Also where did you find the 130 amp alternator?

How has this battery upgrade aged?

Also where did you find the 130 amp alternator?
The stock alternator is 130 amp :)

The battery has been flawless. I haven't driven the truck lately but had to use the onboard compressor to fill up a tire the other day. I went outside after she was sitting for 4 months and it fired right up like nothing.

I also installed a battery gauge to keep an eye on it, which gives even more confidence.

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind spending the money.

The stock alternator is 130 amp :)

The battery has been flawless. I haven't driven the truck lately but had to use the onboard compressor to fill up a tire the other day. I went outside after she was sitting for 4 months and it fired right up like nothing.

I also installed a battery gauge to keep an eye on it, which gives even more confidence.

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind spending the money.

I am putting in two 120ah Deep Cycle Systems batteries between my middle row and drawer system next to my inverter and redarc. When I was still trying to decide what to do up front, this was in the running.

I am exploring having a custom fabbed aluminum case where the original spare tire sat .. it's wasted space and I seem to need power for my wife and kids more than an extended range tank these days.

Maybe my 1998 Alternator is less then - I bet that's the case.

I am putting in two 120ah Deep Cycle Systems batteries between my middle row and drawer system next to my inverter and redarc. When I was still trying to decide what to do up front, this was in the running.

I am exploring having a custom fabbed aluminum case where the original spare tire sat .. it's wasted space and I seem to need power for my wife and kids more than an extended range tank these days.

Maybe my 1998 Alternator is less then - I bet that's the case.
I agree it's wasted space. I was considering a water tank there.

For house battery, I use an eco flow plugged into rooftop solar panels. I didn't even connect the ecoflow to the truck battery anymore.

I agree it's wasted space. I was considering a water tank there.

For house battery, I use an eco flow plugged into rooftop solar panels. I didn't even connect the ecoflow to the truck battery anymore.

I too have thought about water tank. Wife and three kids under 4 .. stress out the amount of space I have (hence the two 120ah DCS batteries).

Which Eco Flow do you use, where does it live in the truck?

I too have thought about water tank. Wife and three kids under 4 .. stress out the amount of space I have (hence the two 120ah DCS batteries).

I use a waterport on the roof for water for now, but hate that it's so high on the truck. Wish it was lower center of gravity, but definitely don't want water inside the truck. Spare tire is already on the back swingout, so hopefully will get a tank figured out soon.

For the battery, I use a

I have a delta 2 in there with two ecoflow rigid solar panels on top of the rooftop tent.
The battery is stored on the fridge drawer behind the dometic 55L fridge. All that is on top of a set of ADGU drawers.

I'll get pictures uploaded to show how it all works.

Here are some pictures of the setup:
Solar panels on the rooftop tent:
1710858733497.png

Those route down into the rear hatch
1710858763015.png

Once inside, they route to the EcoFlow Delta 2:
1710858797684.png

Here you can see the Dometic 55L fridge on the slide with the EcoFlow Delta 2 behind it, with the solar panels always connected to the battery. This keeps the Delta 2 topped off at all times. The fridge is also connected to the battery at all times (but is turned off). The fridge can run indefinitely like this 24/7, as well as plenty of leftover power for anything else I want to run. This also keeps the house battery totally disconnected from the truck battery, so there's no risk of leaving something on overnight and getting stranded with a dead battery.

Here's the power gauge installed:
1710858964955.png

I'll also do a write-up soon on that canopy. I have it on slides so it can tuck up next to the tent as shown, but then slide out of the way to let the tent fold open.

One more quick update. I still have many more to post as I did a lot of work on the truck without posting lately.

I reprinted the Method wheel cap extensions in NylonX with Carbon Fiber for some extra durability. They turned out much better than the previous PETG prints.
1710859167141.png

On the left are the previous PETG prints. Not bad, but a little glossy and you could see the layer lines. They also would snap tabs off if you weren't careful installing them. The new ones on the right are right out of the printer - no sanding or anything needed. Zero lines, nice matte textured finish, and the Nylon+CF is WAY tougher. It's also more resistant to heat and chemicals. They should last a lifetime.

Here are some pictures of the setup:
Solar panels on the rooftop tent:
View attachment 3586093

Those route down into the rear hatch
View attachment 3586096

Once inside, they route to the EcoFlow Delta 2:
View attachment 3586098

Here you can see the Dometic 55L fridge on the slide with the EcoFlow Delta 2 behind it, with the solar panels always connected to the battery. This keeps the Delta 2 topped off at all times. The fridge is also connected to the battery at all times (but is turned off). The fridge can run indefinitely like this 24/7, as well as plenty of leftover power for anything else I want to run. This also keeps the house battery totally disconnected from the truck battery, so there's no risk of leaving something on overnight and getting stranded with a dead battery.

Here's the power gauge installed:
View attachment 3586100

Love the Victron meter, I’ll have a full walk around done on Saturday before I leave for southern Utah .. we can compare notes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom