Build date from Vin#? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to determine my build date to purchase correct Seat brackets as there are 2. My rig is an '87 with a Vin # JT3FJ60G8H1136989. Anyone know the build date from this? #Thanks

https://landcruiserhm.com/images/pdfs-doc/Wiki_VIN_Decoder_v1_20200429.pdf

The last 4-6 digits are a sequential number (the higher the number the later the build date). I'm assuming they sold more than 2000 of these in North America, so use the last 6 digits. If the build month and year data on the door jamb is missing, other MUD members with 1987's can help you narrow down the build month.

October 86. Please see the attached file. Sorry for the bad quality on the frame number reference list. My good quality copy of the microfiche only has frame numbers through early '86 and didn't cover your frame number. I have a bad quality copy that goes further. The frame number number is the last six digits of your VIN: 136989. you find the first frame number greater than yours and go to the previous month. November '86 stars with 137xxx, and October starts with 1366?? so your build date is October '86.

Attachments

• frame numbers.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 67
October 86. Please see the attached file. Sorry for the bad quality on the frame number reference list. My good quality copy of the microfiche only has frame numbers through early '86 and didn't cover your frame number. I have a bad quality copy that goes further. The frame number number is the last six digits of your VIN: 136989. you find the first frame number greater than yours and go to the previous month. November '86 stars with 137xxx, and October starts with 1366?? so your build date is October '86.
tyvm!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom