Bugeye's GX460 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BP recommends the slightly less capable 24F, a little less expensive too. Any reason for someone like me, with little electronic add ons, to choose the 27 over the 24, besides capacity? The 24 seems stout

IMHO, no reason...the 24F will be more than enough if you're not running things like a winch, fridge, etc.

FWIW, the X2 from Batteries Plus are re-badged Odyssey batteries, but have a 5yr warranty vs 4 for Odyssey. There is also a 10% coupon and $20 MIR on the X2s right now.
Is there a direct part number correlation between the Odyssey PC1200 and the X2 from Batteries Plus? I may do that for my wife and daughters car. We purchased them last year so they still have the factory batteries in them.

Is there a direct part number correlation between the Odyssey PC1200 and the X2 from Batteries Plus? I may do that for my wife and daughters car. We purchased them last year so they still have the factory batteries in them.

Here is the spec sheet. Looks like they only carry a few sizes with the smallest offering being a Group 35. Unfortunately, I don't see a direct correlating part to the PC1200.

Here is the spec sheet. Looks like they only carry a few sizes with the smallest offering being a Group 35. Unfortunately, I don't see a direct correlating part to the PC1200.

First, thanks for the list!!
Second.... Humm. looking at the list and comparing it to the Odyssey list: ODYSSEY Battery - Extreme Series Specs , I don't really see any of these batteries that would/could be re-badged Odyssey batteries. For the same CCA's all the X2 batteries are about an inch larger in every direction and about 25 pounds heavier.
With all due respect, where did you hear/see that these are re-badged Odyssey batteries? Looking at the spec's they sure don't compare to them.

First, thanks for the list!!
Second.... Humm. looking at the list and comparing it to the Odyssey list: ODYSSEY Battery - Extreme Series Specs , I don't really see any of these batteries that would/could be re-badged Odyssey batteries. For the same CCA's all the X2 batteries are about an inch larger in every direction and about 25 pounds heavier.
With all due respect, where did you hear/see that these are re-badged Odyssey batteries? Looking at the spec's they sure don't compare to them.

I believe they are re branded Northstars, not Odyssey?

Added a Yakima box recently, here's some mall crawlin images. Next up for the build are some taller rear springs in the rear and sliders.

AIwaskiw_GX460.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Last edited:
I believe they are re branded Northstars, not Odyssey?

You are 100% correct...not sure why I was thinking Odyssey.

Apologies for the confusion! I was originally considering a Northstar when I came across the X2 and they seemed like a better value with Batteries Plus stores being all around and a slightly longer warranty.

Added a Yakima box recently, here's some mall crawlin images. Next up for the build are some taller rear springs in the rear and sliders.

View attachment 2038569

Looks good, I'm in a similar position. Currently running an 20mm Ironman spacer in the rear on each side to get me back the factory rake since the T4R 1.5-2" lift springs only gave me 1" at most. Have you considered the taller Wheeler T12 springs?

You are 100% correct...not sure why I was thinking Odyssey.

Apologies for the confusion! I was originally considering a Northstar when I came across the X2 and they seemed like a better value with Batteries Plus stores being all around and a slightly longer warranty.

Warranty is what got me and of course the specs this thing puts out. Time will tell!

Looks good, I'm in a similar position. Currently running an 20mm Ironman spacer in the rear on each side to get me back the factory rake since the T4R 1.5-2" lift springs only gave me 1" at most. Have you considered the taller Wheeler T12 springs?

I have some sitting in my garage right now. The Wheelers 1.5"s are not cutting it. I have, but Dobinson has my interest with their 2" springs w/ offset kdss lean. I am leaning towards these, i just have to find out how much actual lift it will get me.

Looks like you are running the factory crossbars. Your Yakima box must be empty? Users on clublexus have reported roof boxes scratching the roof with loaded boxes. The factory cross bars are just too low imo. I own a set and will have to go aftermarket if I ever decide to run a box up there. Just FYI.

Looks like you are running the factory crossbars. Your Yakima box must be empty? Users on clublexus have reported roof boxes scratching the roof with loaded boxes. The factory cross bars are just too low imo. I own a set and will have to go aftermarket if I ever decide to run a box up there. Just FYI.

Its empty currently but, no I fill it up for trips. The Yakima rubber latches rub when installing it but I wouldn't say it leaves scratches, its softer rubber so nothing to worry about. When loaded I haven't noticed a change. I'll get some close up images to show how it sits.

RSG Sliders have come in the mail. Super fast shipping and awesome guys to work with! I went with the bare metal flat sliders. Reason, for flat style w/kickout is that our family is growing and it will provide a step for the kid & wife. Got them in bare metal as I will be painting them myself, figured they will be getting hit so I can always touch them up.

Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_6.png

Looking great! Curious if you have any rub (even with lift and BMC) ? Lots of people down here in Florida are using LineX for sliders and such. Something to consider if you aren’t familiar with it.....and I “think” they have a DIY kit now. Your rig looks awesome.

Looking great! Curious if you have any rub (even with lift and BMC) ? Lots of people down here in Florida are using LineX for sliders and such. Something to consider if you aren’t familiar with it.....and I “think” they have a DIY kit now. Your rig looks awesome.

Thanks! I cut back the BMC pretty far back, no rubbing with the 0 offset wheel and 285 tire.

For paint im going with a hammered spray to give it a textured look, then I will put some grip tape on the edges for better traction. Im not a big fan of LineX because it is a pain to clean as it traps everything inside. Ill post up a pic once I finish them!

Pedal Commander:

This isn't something I would normally install on one of my cars, but I am telling you now that it is well worth it. It completely took away any throttle lag the GX had from the pedal. Feels a lot better than stock even with the 285's. It put the oomph back in to this V8. Super simple install, took maybe 5 mins or so to do, I attached it right under the dash so it is hidden, I didn't want something sticking on my dash with a wire going underneath, just isn't my taste. Its still easy to access but I wont be changing the modes a lot, honestly the "City +1" mode is perfect for daily diving around town and I probably wont touch it.

Part #: PC27

IMG_1741.jpg
IMG_1749.jpg

What'd that little dohicky cost ya?

A lot of us RCF guys use this rather than the pedal commander. Especially like how the button directly fits into one of your previous blank switch/buttons. Little cheaper as well. Just another option

A lot of us RCF guys use this rather than the pedal commander. Especially like how the button directly fits into one of your previous blank switch/buttons. Little cheaper as well. Just another option

Yeah A'PEXI has been around a long time with this setup in the tuner world. Another good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom