Bugeye's GX460 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of us RCF guys use this rather than the pedal commander. Especially like how the button directly fits into one of your previous blank switch/buttons. Little cheaper as well. Just another option

Looking into this but looks like you also need to get the $65 vehicle specific controller:

Any idea if the 2010-2013 harness is the same on 2014+ models?

H&R Spacers:
My wheels are 0 offset and while the offset is not bad, I wanted a little more aggressive stance with them. I threw my Spidertrax 1.25" spacers on but with the 0 offset it was too much poke for my liking. I wanted a smaller spacer. A company I work closely with, H&R Suspension had a smaller size that would work. If you don't know about H&R, you should. They are a high quality MFG made in Germany, mostly known in the Euro world. The new spacers are 23mm, right under one inch.

Part # 46106107

IMG_1775.jpg

Before & After
E1338DEA-628B-407F-8DEF-7DE067CBD4F1.JPG

RSG Sliders:
Got the RSG sliders painted and mounted this week. Sprayed them with Duplicolor hammered gray with a top coat of clear to help with the UV not fading them. Also added some grip tape to the front and rear to help with traction when wet, not the best job but I'll redo it once they need to be replaced.

IMG_1376.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

E162C7AE-BD90-47D3-AAD4-717F5225BF2D.jpeg

Nice touch with the grip tape. I am an advocate for using grip tape on all foot steps!

Looking great! Curious if you have any rub (even with lift and BMC) ? Lots of people down here in Florida are using LineX for sliders and such. Something to consider if you aren’t familiar with it.....and I “think” they have a DIY kit now. Your rig looks awesome.

What would the cost be for a pair of sliders? I like having the grip/grittiness of the finish all in one. Plus it should be more resistant to the elements. I might get it done to the rear ladder if the price is right. Maybe the shops can do the small job with someone else’s truck bed to help minimize costs

Black grip tape is almost invisible on black sliders unless the light hits it at certain angles.
Also, if you get a texture on your sliders, any scrapes and scratches that you'd want to touch up, you can't just use a can of black paint.
Just my .02¢

Black grip tape is almost invisible on black sliders unless the light hits it at certain angles.
Also, if you get a texture on your sliders, any scrapes and scratches that you'd want to touch up, you can't just use a can of black paint.
Just my .02¢

I had the krinkle finish on a set of sliders for one of our 4Runners and while I found it to be more aesthetically pleasing, in no way did it have a higher coefficient of friction. When the powder coat started to fail the bubbles in the krinkle finish made it easier for the finish lift and grow/spread. That said, you can get a textured can of paint that matches very closely, I did just that and touched them up before I sold them.

Just my .02¢
That completely fell through the cracks. You’re right. KISS principle on the sliders

RSG Sliders:
Got the RSG sliders painted and mounted this week. Sprayed them with Duplicolor hammered gray with a top coat of clear to help with the UV not fading them. Also added some grip tape to the front and rear to help with traction when wet, not the best job but I'll redo it once they need to be replaced.​
I'm looking at getting these this week - how did they ship them to you (UPS/freight/etc)? And what do you think of them so far?

I'm looking at getting these this week - how did they ship them to you (UPS/freight/etc)? And what do you think of them so far?

The two sliders were shipped in their own boxes via UPS. I havnt had the chance to test them out on trails yet but loving them so far.

Last edited:
@dwh13 I have the RSGs too but have only done mild off-roading with them. I don't really intend on doing any more than that. These are just for moments where a bad decision has been made.

I'm considering going with 6112's for my 2018 460 as well. What height setting did you use, any height compensation for driver/passenger side, and did you find the height settings with the 650# springs to be accurate with the lift you ended up with? Thanks for the info!

Pedal Commander:

This isn't something I would normally install on one of my cars, but I am telling you now that it is well worth it. It completely took away any throttle lag the GX had from the pedal. Feels a lot better than stock even with the 285's. It put the oomph back in to this V8. Super simple install, took maybe 5 mins or so to do, I attached it right under the dash so it is hidden, I didn't want something sticking on my dash with a wire going underneath, just isn't my taste. Its still easy to access but I wont be changing the modes a lot, honestly the "City +1" mode is perfect for daily diving around town and I probably wont touch it.

Part #: PC27

View attachment 2254204View attachment 2254205
I should look into one these options, I find I’m always pulling shifter into the manual gate trying to get her truck to get up & go.

I'm considering going with 6112's for my 2018 460 as well. What height setting did you use, any height compensation for driver/passenger side, and did you find the height settings with the 650# springs to be accurate with the lift you ended up with? Thanks for the info!

I believe they are set on 2 or 3, honestly I forget. The PS front needs a 10mm spacer to fix the lean, it’s small but I know it’s there

I should look into one these options, I find I’m always pulling shifter into the manual gate trying to get her truck to get up & go.

It really is a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom