Broken Starter Housing Connector Receiver (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched high and low and the only thing I'm finding is the connector on the wire itself, NOT the one on the starter housing. I just pulled my starter so I could have more room to rewire my disintegrating NSS connectors and found the connector broken with some zip-ties holding the wire connector in. Amazing! 😡 Is this part available anywhere? I looked on Partsouq and it doesn't show any part numbers for this connector...

starter connector.jpg

20230612_103243(1).jpg

20230612_103235(1).jpg

I'm assuming the starter isn't OEM since I can't find any info on the starter itself, but I'm not sure.

20230612_103206(1).jpg

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AFAIK that connector is not available from Toyota as a separate part, you would have to buy the entire solenoid assembly (magnet switch 28150-66060) which comes with that connector attached (if you wanted an OEM part).

The correct (aftermarket) connector appears to be available from:

Do you already have the two rebuild kits and a new plunger for that starter?

Last edited:
AFAIK that connector is not available from Toyota as a separate part, you would have to buy the entire solenoid assembly (magnet switch 28150-66060) which comes with that connector attached (if you wanted an OEM part).

The correct (aftermarket) connector appears to be available from:

Do you already have the two rebuild kits and a new plunger for that starter?
Dang.. I don't have any rebuild kits for the starter. It's the same starter that was on it when I bought it in 2016. The only reason I took it off now was to have better access to the NSS wiring. The solenoid assembly is $68 from my local dealer. Maybe I'll see if I can find a junk one or something to maybe pull it off, but I'm not sure if it's removable without breaking.

@xetura It's a Denso part:
1686702454662.png

Alternator and Starter Parts Wholesale is the way to go...you can build an entire starter from parts, if you wanted to.

@xetura : Same part is available from the link I posted above (maniacelectricmotors) along with all the other rebuild parts, take your pick.

The solenoid is available online for a bit less than your local dealer
but then there's shipping:

If you want the OEM rebuild kits, here's one source for both kits and the plunger (all the usual parts except the connector). A full rebuild would need bearings and brushes, wire grommet, O-rings, etc, but at that point you'd be better off just buying either a new Toyota Reman unit, or a Denso Reman starter from Rockauto.

If money is tight, check out Rockauto (but it doesn't include the connector you need or the plunger)

Last edited:
@xetura : Same part is available from the link I posted above (maniacelectricmotors) along with all the other rebuild parts, take your pick.

The solenoid is available online for a bit less than your local dealer
but then there's shipping:

If you want the OEM rebuild kits, here's one source for both kits and the plunger (all the usual parts except the connector). A full rebuild would need bearings and brushes, wire grommet, O-rings, etc, but at that point you'd be better off just buying either a new Toyota Reman unit or a new Denso starter from Rockauto.

If money is tight, check out Rockauto
Thanks! I ended up ordering from Maniac. They were only $5 with free shipping. Other sites wanted $16 for shipping.

If you want to go all the way (complete rebuild), here's a video (many of them on you tubby). What we call a rebuild is more just servicing the solenoid (contacts and plunger).

IME the grease in the gear drive section as well as the armature bearings dries out with age so at some point a complete rebuild helps IMHO:

@Kernal Seems like they sent me the wrong part. The picture on their site looks correct and exactly like mine, but this is what they sent:

20230616_135828.jpg

Definitely won't work.

20230616_142825.jpg

The part on their site (the correct one):

starter-switch-for-denso-starters-replacing-053480-7510-7550-7620-7640-7750-19.jpeg

I sent them an email with all the pictures (even the one off their site), so we'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom