Broken in Albuquerque, wheeling anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, it should fit fine. I don't have access to the IPOR office PC which would have the current list of approved applications but I can check when I get back. The H55F is longer than the stock trans/tcase combo - but the toybox is longer too and it fits. I don't think the size of the split case is significantly different enough to cause any issues either.

Anyway else in for tomorrow? Get a chance to see a one of a kind Land Cruiser conversion.

We should technically call it--per Ash--an FZJ120

:)

LOL!

I'll tell you what... I will give you $20 off AND ship the skid for free for anyone who shows up to wheel tomorrow. I'll even do the same deal for the new 40 skids that we do.

Lance, I haven't even met you yet, but I already hate you. You gvie us an excuse to go wheelin and check out your FZJ40 (tempting enough as that is), but now you have to throw this at us! Great now I need to wake up early on a Sunday morning!:beer: see you all there.

Rudy

Well, for 10% off, free shipping, and a chance to break something before Moab ... I'll be there. I'll be running my bald AT's, so no crazy stuff for me.

Had a great time today - Hopefully we showed Lance some New Mexico hospitality. A few bumps in the trail along the way, but all-in-all a wonderful day! Thanks for the adventure and friendship. Here are a few pictures...

Puerco_Mar09072.jpg

Puerco_Mar09061.jpg

Puerco_Mar09023.jpg

Puerco_Mar09053.jpg

Great Day Boys! Pics of Lance and his FZJ40. I am humbled, truly humbled.

LookingDown.JPG

LookingEasy.JPG

MoreAuthority.JPG

NoProblem.JPG

Ledges.JPG

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys were able to get a little more wheeling in...

leave it to Onur to be the social director of ABQ :grinpimp:

bk

Pics of our boys.

Onur having fun with a creative line.
HavingFun.JPG

Onur using the skinny pedal

SkinnyPedal.JPG

Paul using authority
Authority.JPG

Great pics guys! Thanks for coming out as always....

:)

Glad you can *ahem* stop by Lance. If you need anything tomorrow, you know where I am.

Lance's rig is a work of art. It's the attention to detail that really distinguishes good creativity and craftsmenship. Nice job team IPOR.

Of course, I got to work just in the nick of time and everything is screwed up here.

:mad:

Hey guys - sorry I had to miss the run. Looks like you had a great time. It would have been nice to see the FZJ40. Not to sound like an idiot, but I'm not familiar with the truck. It looks like he lengthened a 40 body to fit on an 80 series chassis? I'm sure it's more complicated than that. Maybe somebody could fill me in. It certainly looks like a vary capable rig. Maybe I can see it at Cruise Moab?

Evan

Evan, I believe that you hit the nail on the head. A stretched 40 body on a shortened 80 chassis. It was certainly more than that as it was a work of art. Beautiful attention to detail and craftsmanship. All of the advantages of an 80 (comfort, suspension, power, AC, Auto) with the open cab and maneuverability of a 40 wheelbase. The bodywork alone was worth seeing - Lance had crafted fenders made from plate steel, tied into the sliders and rockers. Made to look stock, but stout. An awesome machine.

Looks like it was a good time - as usual. We'll have to figure out a date for at least one more run before Moab. I'll also be out for this month's meeting.

Later all!

--Keith

Definitaly a good time today. Great pics guys. Sorry I don't have any to share this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom