1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken bolt in front knuckle...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by MARKUS118, Dec 4, 2003.

1. MARKUS118

MARKUS118

One of the 8 bolts that holds the front hub, spindle, etc. assembly broke off in the knuckle housing. Is there a way to get it out? I have a fj60 front axle that I was holding on to just in case I needed to switch knuckles, but I have a guy interested in the axle. I would love to have some longfields and need some money to do it! Thanks! :cheers:

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Short of drilling and re-tapping the hole, you're only option is a bolt extractor, my local hardware store had some. They will work sometimes, soak whats left with PB good, and you may want to try some heat.

3. MARKUS118

MARKUS118

Bailey,
    This is why I was thinking of holding on to the knuckles on the 60 axle! I may take a chance and sell it anyway! Just need some of those longfields! Anybody else have a idea if this will work? Thanks!

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Thats what I figured. :D

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">