Builds Bringing a '69 FJ40 back to life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're planning a grand opening for after monsoons kick off.

It'll be nice to get the dust knocked down a bit and to let the grass come back from where we've been operating equipment.

:)
Yes let us and Copper State Cruisers know, would love to come down and see your shop. I also have some work for you as well. Thanks.

24386.jpeg
24389.jpeg
24393.jpeg
24395.jpeg
24402.jpeg

Awesome to see the images. Wish I had had a tranny jack like that. First time I put my 3-speed tranny in I partly laid over the passenger seat and held it there and wiggled in it. Just about crushed my ribs doing it. Then I bought a junker tranny jack from Harbor Freight. It worked well enough for the cost.

The fresh motor is broken in and field testing is complete... :(

Time for the '69 to move to a new home, where it should continue to provide yeoman's service for another 50 years.

It will be featured on Bring-a-Trailer soon, please feel free to contact us with questions.

20211213_110035.jpg

Very nice!

Now put some correct mirrors on that thing. :flipoff2:

She's live on Bring-a-Trailer!

@OverLand Cruisers

GLWS. It really came out nice!

I've been watching this thread because you are doing pretty much what I need to do. Everything is mostly there, just needs a refresh.

In one of the pics on BAT, it looks like you got some sort of kit to replace all the coolant hoses? Or did you need to source those individually? What kind of shocks are those?

@OverLand Cruisers

GLWS. It really came out nice!

I've been watching this thread because you are doing pretty much what I need to do. Everything is mostly there, just needs a refresh.

In one of the pics on BAT, it looks like you got some sort of kit to replace all the coolant hoses? Or did you need to source those individually? What kind of shocks are those?
Thanks! We sourced them individually, the shocks are OE. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom