Bright harness is bad, where to get a new one. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone this harness is bad (it keeps killing the fuse for the lights of whichever side it’s installed on) Just wondering where I can get a replacement or what this specific harness is called, thanks.
image.jpg

What year, model vehicle? Got a photo of where it was located before you pulled it out?

What type of bulbs are in your headlamp assemblies?

So for US spec 80 series the original bulbs were 9005(High) and 9006 (Low).

The harness connector in the photo above also appears to be a non-OEM (not factory Toyota) adapter.

Others who've done headlamp mods might have more information for you.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Hey everyone this harness is bad (it keeps killing the fuse for the lights of whichever side it’s installed on) Just wondering where I can get a replacement or what this specific harness is called, thanks.View attachment 3361367

this is a AFTERMARKET crappy little gizmo from auto- zone or K-MART ?

you need to OEM TOYOTA set up , go to the dealer and start there , this little SOB yellow and black , is in the Rubbish bin pile now...

good chance this solves the issue , ... :idea:

O1CN01KiQK6Q1GxbO0GM40m_!!1695430689 -   1 - Copy.jpg

So for US spec 80 series the original bulbs were 9005(High) and 9006 (Low).

Not the expert on lighting but it appears someone has substituted one of your stock bulbs with H11 bulbs?? The harness connector in the photo above also appears to be a non-OEM (not factory Toyota) adapter.

Others who've done headlamp mods might have more information for you.

In the meantime hear's some reading;

They are definitely h1 not h11. I bought replacement 9005 and 9006 but the 9005 hi beam did not fit in the headlight the h1 seems to be the right side but there is a adapter on end of the harness.

this is a AFTERMARKET crappy little gizmo from auto- zone or K-MART ?

you need to OEM TOYOTA set up , go to the dealer and start there , this little SOB yellow and black , is in the Rubbish bin pile now...

good chance this solves the issue , ... :idea:

View attachment 3361689
Neither did the 9006 I had to buy a 9003 to fit they are held in by a metal clip not a push and turn system.

You must be running aftermarket headlights. That harness connects the stock Land Cruiser wiring to whatever bulb is in you aftermarket lights.

Do an internet search for something like "9005 to 9003 harness" and you'll see plenty of options. Or you could order the correct connectors and build your own.

You must be running aftermarket headlights. That harness connects the stock Land Cruiser wiring to whatever bulb is in you aftermarket lights.

Do an internet search for something like "9005 to 9003 harness" and you'll see plenty of options. Or you could order the correct connectors and build your own.
I have the correct connectors for 9005 and 9006 I have never seen a headlight with a metal clip on the back.

I’ll look for the connectors.

What headlights are you running. Maybe post a better picture of the headlight connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom