Brake lines - easy to forget these are old vehicles (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just picked up all the solid brake lines for the truck, everything from Toyota. 220$ ish for the lot of em. Lots to do,.,.but I've had several go already. Driving w/out brakes=me trying to shift out of drive into neutral to avoid garage but hit reverse and turn into a bull rider. Do ur brakes, soft is next.
Many of them are NLA from Toyota. How did you get them all? I need to replace the main drag from the master to the rear LSPV and it’s NLA according to everywhere I’ve checked.

Do not forget to check your solid brake lines! They too are 24 years old.
I recently had a solid brake line rupture during an emergency stop. Minor fender bender result 😕
Road grime had eroded the brake line on the lower front bulkhead 🤔

I think it's a good idea to hit the brakes hard occasionally, to cycle the ABS and to make sure they're ready for an emergency. I get on a nice straight, on dirt or gravel, and get to about 35 MPH and just stand on the brakes. I usually do that twice in a row, every couple months or so, when I'm out on the trail. Just my two cents.

Many of them are NLA from Toyota. How did you get them all? I need to replace the main drag from the master to the rear LSPV and it’s NLA according to everywhere I’ve checked.
Not sure I have them all. 11 pieces in total. The rest i will make w copper nickle tube and my flare tool. Part number# I'll see what I have and need if ur in dire straights. I just wanted all new lines but some are in perfect shape still imo

The line from the lspv runs until just below the battery tray. ( there's two but the other one only goes as far as the front brake) I can check the part number to confirm. But yep, I got one. Hope there's more out there

I'm in over my head on this one. Wish I had access to a lift.

Screenshot_20210705-192836_Chrome.jpg

Checked partsouq and they have the line NLA as well. I've decided to just make my own with NiCop line. I bought one of the rear lines from Toyota last year but that long one you mentioned, from LSPV to the front is the one I haven't been able to track down. 4732460210 according to partsouq.

Make sure not to forget the caliper seals also, I nicely replaced all the rubber brake lines on my beater 80 and the next day coming off the highway the caliper seals blew. The cop that pulled me up for running the red light as a result was surprised that I was negative for drugs and alcohol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom