Brake Line Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help... I'm rebuilding a '79 FJ-40 that I didn't take apart. Therefore, I'm looking for a schematic, or detailed pictures of the routing of the brake lines. I've purchased a new set of braided lines as well as the complete hard line set from Cruiser Solutions. I requested pictures from Cruiser Solutions, but they have none. They say they've never heard of someone starting from scratch to install lines, rather than just replacing. I think I have "most" of the front done correctly, but I'm not sure about the routing and mounting of the rear lines, how to mount the rear flex line from the frame down to the rear axle, and the brackets and lines on each rear hub. In fact, it appears I may be missing the 2 rear hard lines that look like semicircles from cylinder to cylinder on each hub, but a picture may answer it for me. Any thoughts? Thanks, Erik.

Help... I'm rebuilding a '79 FJ-40 that I didn't take apart. Therefore, I'm looking for a schematic, or detailed pictures of the routing of the brake lines. I've purchased a new set of braided lines as well as the complete hard line set from Cruiser Solutions. I requested pictures from Cruiser Solutions, but they have none. They say they've never heard of someone starting from scratch to install lines, rather than just replacing. I think I have "most" of the front done correctly, but I'm not sure about the routing and mounting of the rear lines, how to mount the rear flex line from the frame down to the rear axle, and the brackets and lines on each rear hub. In fact, it appears I may be missing the 2 rear hard lines that look like semicircles from cylinder to cylinder on each hub, but a picture may answer it for me. Any thoughts? Thanks, Erik.

Try Spector Off Road's on-line catalog sor.com Their diagrams are from factory manuals and are good references.

Pete

Help... I'm rebuilding a '79 FJ-40 that I didn't take apart. Therefore, I'm looking for ..... detailed pictures of the routing of the brake lines. ............... I have "most" of the front done correctly, but I'm not sure about the routing and mounting of the rear lines, how to mount the rear flex line from the frame down to the rear axle, and the brackets and lines on each rear hub. In fact, it appears I may be missing the 2 rear hard lines that look like semicircles from cylinder to cylinder on each hub, but a picture may answer it for me. ...Thanks, Erik.

Well here's a few pics of a 79 BJ40 from the other side of the world (which I would expect to have been routed the same) Erik:

Here's a photo of the rear of the LH wheel:

RearLHrear1.jpg

And here's a picture of the front of it:

RearLHfront2.jpg

And here's a picture of where the flexible line meets the chassis rail:

Rearbracket chassis3.jpg
RearLHrear1.jpg
RearLHfront2.jpg
Rearbracket chassis3.jpg

And here's apicture of the whole flexible line:

Rearflexhose4.jpg

And here's a picture of the pumpkin taken from the rear:

Rearpumpkin5.jpg

And here's a picture of the RH side which is done the same as the left basically

RearRHrear6.jpg

:cheers:
Rearflexhose4.jpg
Rearpumpkin5.jpg
RearRHrear6.jpg

Lostmarbles picks look just like my U.S.1979 FJ40.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom