Brake Light BJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
I just finished a four month brake job on my BJ60. In the end I had to install new calipers , brakelines on the front, and and rare axel seals, on top of the new pads and shoes I was planning on.

I bled the brakes and they ar a little soft, but pretty good, but it feels like my foot is going slowly into the floor (very slowly)

And. My brake light comes on after the third pump of the brakes.

I thought the light only comes on if the fluid is low, the vacuum is low, or the e-brake is on.

My fluid is fine, the vacuume was ok when I parked the truck, and the e-brake is not a problem?? I dont see any leaks

I bled the brakes three times, and even did the master the last time.

Any Ideas?

I used the 4runner V6 IFS type calipers

looks like you are loosing pressure at some point .. the things that come to my mind after you already do are the rear cilinder seals .. and the MC seals .. ( recoemend a new MC).

About the light .. after 3 or 4 pumps .. you are probably using all your vacc available .. so it's natural the light come on and then off when your pump make more vaccum ..

If still on means you have a vacc leak or faulty vacc pump ..

looks like you are loosing pressure at some point .. the things that come to my mind after you already do are the rear cilinder seals .. and the MC seals .. ( recoemend a new MC).

About the light .. after 3 or 4 pumps .. you are probably using all your vacc available .. so it's natural the light come on and then off when your pump make more vaccum ..

If still on means you have a vacc leak or faulty vacc pump ..

does a well functioning system have the light come on after three pumps, or does this mean my vac pump may be on its way out? I just don't remeber it doing that

does a well functioning system have the light come on after three pumps, or does this mean my vac pump may be on its way out? I just don't remeber it doing that

Mine comes on if the vacuum is low or the fluid is low. Kim had spongey brakes on his HJ60. However, he wasn't getting the brake warning light coming on. We tried bleeding them, but it didn't make any difference. I was thinking it was his master cylinder. Not sure what was the outcome of it. You can shoot him a PM if he doesn't respond here.

You can check the vacuum at the pump and at the brake booster. Don't assume it is the vacuum pump. I know that some vacuum systems in Cruisers have problems with vacuum canisters rusting out. But if vacuum is your problem, then the brakes would be pretty stiff to push.

Jfc.

Beautiful Avatar.

My brakes leak at the flex line.

It sounds to me like your rear is out of adjustment - considering you have bled them properly, and bled at the master.

Mine comes on if the vacuum is low or the fluid is low. Kim had spongey brakes on his HJ60. However, he wasn't getting the brake warning light coming on. We tried bleeding them, but it didn't make any difference. I was thinking it was his master cylinder. Not sure what was the outcome of it. You can shoot him a PM if he doesn't respond here.

You can check the vacuum at the pump and at the brake booster. Don't assume it is the vacuum pump. I know that some vacuum systems in Cruisers have problems with vacuum canisters rusting out. But if vacuum is your problem, then the brakes would be pretty stiff to push.

Ya Ive chage a few vacuum pumps an I remember the peddle being hard to push, its just wierd the light is coming on and my fluid level is fine

I also rebuild my master ~5-6 years ago

if your rear brakes are out of adjustment it might make the light come on

woldnt the light come on in this case because the level would be low when you pressed the brakes,

this was my first thought too, but I tightened them up pretty good

does a well functioning system have the light come on after three pumps, or does this mean my vac pump may be on its way out?

probably .. I will do this weekend on Tencha and see how much pumps it can handle ..

I ended up buying a new master cylinder. I blead it a couple of times around, took it for a drive, same deal, spongy, and I do believe that the lights came on. I continued to bleed and finally released air from the right rear brake.

In the end, I'm not convinced it was the master rather air.

I'd bleed them again, Jim.

I ended up buying a new master cylinder. I blead it a couple of times around, took it for a drive, same deal, spongy, and I do believe that the lights came on. I continued to bleed and finally released air from the right rear brake.

In the end, I'm not convinced it was the master rather air.

I'd bleed them again, Jim.

Thats what Deny said when he felt them last night, he thinks if you stand on it for a minute an its doesnt get to the floor thatn is not leaking around the master seal.

I just bled it so many times already:crybaby:

maybe I need to take it far a drive on some hills to get the air out of where ever its trapped.

Thanks

I hear that power bleeders like this work pretty good.

power-bleeder-pro.jpg

Takes out the human error of an assistant who lets up on the brake peddle. You might consider flushing the whole system (bleeding until you get fresh brake fluyid coming out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom