Brake fluid type (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and couldn't find anything on the 200 specifically. What type of brake fluid came from the factory and what are y'all using to bleed/flush with?

Don’t have it in front of me but I’d refer to the owners manual.

M1 synthetic ATF is what I use in my 120/100 and 200s.

I've searched and couldn't find anything on the 200 specifically. What type of brake fluid came from the factory and what are y'all using to bleed/flush with?
I also flush every 2 years with DOT4. You will need at least 2 quarts. That reservoir alone holds > 1qt. I think the full flush every two years is much more important than the DOT3 vs. DOT4 discussion. DOT 4 will have a higher boiling point, so you are less likely to boil the fluid going down a mountain fully loaded etc. I don't think you'll notice any difference between the two in regular day to day driving. I don't use anything special to bleed the brakes. Just turn on the ignition and manually (yes, with your hand on the brake pedal)/slowly pump the brakes with the bleeder open ~1/4 turn and a clear line to some catch can/bottle (one corner at a time) until you have pushed enough fresh fluid thru. Pressure bleeders also work. Don't let the reservoir run dry!

If you don’t mind changing it more often quality DOT4 is fine. More often because it absorbs moisture more quickly than DOT3.

Toyota designed our braking systems to operate to capacity with DOT3 in spite of its lower boiling point… that fact plus the slower moisture absorption is why I stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom