Brake Fittings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wakeup.to
Well, the brake lines I ordered last week came in today. I went home and tried them on. Hmm... wont go down in the banjo fitting... I measured the new fittings and the old fittings... the new ones are 3/8" and the old ones are 11/32!

I called the dealership up and told them they had made a mistake. They told me they needed the VIN from the truck I got the axle off of. Ive been trying to call the guy I bought the axle off of, but no answer.

So, I went down to NAPA to see if maybe they had an adapter. After much searching, no adapter.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, care to lend some advice?

Thanks in advance to all that answer!

9mm for older axles, 10mm for newer ones (like late 60's-newer)

sounds like you might have 9mm fittings with 10mm lines...one option is to replace all fittings (daunting and $$), the other option is to cut the new lines and install the old 9mm fittings (different daunting and not as much $$)

lines should be the same size. You'll need a double flare tool to redo the ends for the new fittings, NAPA outta have a good one. I tried one from AutoZone and took it back the same night - useless.

Was afraid so... I suppose I can try to get those lines out of the fittings, but thats why I have to replace the lines in the first place. Those fittings were just locked on those lines, therefore when I went to remove them, I twisted the lines and broke them...

Oh, and I like the update man, I dig...

I dont know if this is too much to ask or not, but would anybody have the VIN for a 70 FJ-40? ???

The dealership says they have to have it to get me the right parts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom