Brake bleeding dash lights question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was bleeding the brakes while changing pads on my 2005 lx470. My wife was pushing the brake pedal while I bled the brakes. Occasionally the vsc and abs lights would go off and the car would make a beeping noise. We would stop and the noise would go away. After finishing the job I have test driven the car and all is fine with no lights or noise. Is this of any concern or is it normal? Any help is appreciated.

AFAIK, normal (based on my 2000 LX). Happens because the pedal went to the floor, triggering the lights.

Thanks. I did some reading and appears to be normal as long as it shuts off. It occurs because of the rapid pumping. Man that had me nervous. Thanks for the input.

The ABS system on rigs of this vintage are somewhat complicated and when in need of repair can be expensive. As I understand it, bleeding brakes with ABS correctly requires a specific sequence utilizing a OEM SST (original equipment manufacturer shop specific tool). Apologies for not being more specific. Suggest you might want to check a factory service manual for more particulars. Cheers.

There's nothing hard about correctly and fully bleeding these systems. Techstream (aka Hand Held Tester) does the ABS aspect nicely. If you do a FSM line by line comparison between using Techstream and the (obsolete?) OEM SST box the outcomes are identical.

Attachments

• brake bleeding.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 110
Awesome. Thanks @PADDO . I did not know techstream could do that. I just used the 2 person method. I will definetly do it that way next time. I already have techstream and have used for the ahc system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom