Wanted Bozeman MT, 2F carburetor etc… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cps432

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m ditching the sniper on my 1987 fj60 and I’m going back to a carbureted set up.

I’m looking for a carb that will work with a desmoged engine. Also, the throttle linkage, fuel cut solenoid, and possibly the HAC bladder.

Any help would be appreciated!

This was apparently pulled from my ‘87 FJ60, that had been converted to a sniper…
It came with the vehicle when I bought it

image.jpg

Could also be a ‘92 replacement carb.

In any event, the fuel cut solenoid is missing. Odd thing on a sniper swap.

61142 is an FJ60 for sure.

Also remember to mention if the throttle shafts move. Like I told you on the phone, I bought a carb off the forum a couple of years ago that had both throttle shafts frozen, and it took me three hours to rehabilitate it.☹️

I may have 1 already setup for desmog, if not I have several good cores that could be used.
I won't be able to check until Wed when I get home
Paul

Why not stay with the Sniper?!
I’m tired of chasing the stalling problems. It got so bad I couldn’t keep the truck running. I had to pull the engine and I’m rebuilding it now. There was an insane amount of carbon build up from the sniper running so rich. I kept burning up O2 sensors and the electric fuel pump left me stranded on the highway in the middle of nowhere Colorado. After all the work I’m putting into this rebuild I can’t imagine putting the sniper back on it. I keep reading about the same problem over and over and after years of trial and error it seems nobody can come up with a conclusive answer or solution. It was designed for a carb so I’m going to put one back on it.

I’m tired of chasing the stalling problems. It got so bad I couldn’t keep the truck running. I had to pull the engine and I’m rebuilding it now. There was an insane amount of carbon build up from the sniper running so rich. I kept burning up O2 sensors and the electric fuel pump left me stranded on the highway in the middle of nowhere Colorado. After all the work I’m putting into this rebuild I can’t imagine putting the sniper back on it. I keep reading about the same problem over and over and after years of trial and error it seems nobody can come up with a conclusive answer or solution. It was designed for a carb so I’m going to put one back on it.
Bump for the Buyer.....and a Sniper question. Are you running a fuel return line from the Sniper's regulator, or a pressure regulated filter with a return line and the Sniper Regulator capped?

FYI, I had a similar problem, and mine was caused by using an upgraded 'corvette' filter with a built-in return & my Sniper Regulator capped. I removed the 'corvette' filter and ran the supply & return hardlines to the Sniper.....Fixed my problem. < click here > post #1627

None the less, you have great options above for purchasing an OEM carb.

Bump for the Buyer.....and a Sniper question. Are you running a fuel return line from the Sniper's regulator, or a pressure regulated filter with a return line and the Sniper Regulator capped?

FYI, I had a similar problem, and mine was caused by using an upgraded 'corvette' filter with a built-in return & my Sniper Regulator capped. I removed the 'corvette' filter and ran the supply & return hardlines to the Sniper.....Fixed my problem. < click here > post #1627

None the less, you have great options above for purchasing an OEM carb.
I ran the return line from the sniper regulator to the hard line on the frame. The send line is a soft line from the tank. I don’t like the idea of having soft lines that close to the ground on an off road rig and always wanted to make new hard lines when I got the chance.

If it helps, I have a rebuilt 1981-87 carb and I’d be interested in buying the sniper kit from you.
I should have any other parts to go back to a carb as well.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom