Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awning...so I love my rack. A low cost option for an awning is the awning available from Ironman. I ordered 2 extra mounts and I can switch the awning to either side of my Bowfin rack. A little tricky to find the right spots to drill holes for the mounts and since the receivers are offset from center the awning does not sit in the same place when you change sides. I have round ring lock pins that hold it just fine and it is very easy to switch from side to side. The awning comes with lights that you can plug into your lighter. I have had it a while and used it several times. Hard to beat for $3-400bucks.

View attachment 2623046
View attachment 2623047
which size did you get? this one seems to fit the 60 series perfectly. thanks.

Got mine put on last week. Great design and I really like the profile. Thanks, Patrick!

33E1D05E-5C62-4E03-BDC8-307AD6704068.jpeg

Received my new rack and accessories for my 62 last week. Patrick (@dogfishlake ) packaged everything beautifully and I'm stoked to get mine installed! Absolutely impressed with the quality of Patrick's work.

Just took off my original (and extremely crappy) dealer installed rack, and am patching all of the screw holes that it left behind. Once that's done, the Bowfin is going on. Will post pics when it's ready to roll.

All the best,
O.N.

General question... How are people prepping their gutters where the rails set? And would you recommend some annual maintenance thing for those areas? Like a good waxing or other protecting?

which size did you get? this one seems to fit the 60 series perfectly. thanks.
Awning Quick Release Extra Hook KitIAWNINGQR HOOK1$59.00 USD
$59.00 USD
Awning Quick Release Mounting BracketsIAWNINGQR1$129.00 USD
$129.00 USD
Instant Awning With LED Lighting/Dimmer 2m (L) x 2.5m (Out)IAWNING2M1$279.00 USD
$279.00 USD

Subtotal:
$467.00 USD

Shipping:
$0.00 USD

Grand Total:
FJ60awning.JPG

Another 97 CE success story awesome product and purchasing experience. The only drawback is you have to unbolt a crossbar to install the t nuts? Why not have some notches to drop them in on each side? @dogfishlake?? Thanks

2DB59FD4-3DEC-4284-8898-3008C8017AEC.jpeg

B389211B-B4DB-4CC7-B7ED-EEB19BE19E93.jpeg

628F281A-BCA3-41BF-91EA-1CFC371BB0E7.jpeg

4D8BFF93-5DD2-4F58-B2BE-F3EF3EB66012.jpeg

3D8A3614-2605-42A8-9B52-E6A9652FB0BF.jpeg

General question... How are people prepping their gutters where the rails set? And would you recommend some annual maintenance thing for those areas? Like a good waxing or other protecting?
I'm scraping out the old gutter sealant in mine, sanding, treating/repairing any rust that I find, resealing and painting, re-installing trim, and then putting the rack on. (I'm in the first stages of some serious body work and don't want to put my rack on until my truck is sorted).

Chose to buy Patrick's rack early, because I've got a sinking feeling that prices for everything will be going up... (fuel costs, transportation/haulage, materials, etc. are going to force producers to compensate, which sucks a bag of D's). My beautiful rack is sitting in my garage together with my new Dobinson's rear bumper... just waiting for me to get my bodywork done . It's going to take a lot of:beer:

Had my rack a month now and some of the lock washer fasteners are rusting making my sweet rack look crappy anybody have any issues with this?

image.jpg

I’ve had mine for about 4 months and the only rust I see is on the bolt heads that lock the latches in place. When I installed it I smeared anti seize on all the fasteners so maybe that helped.

Had my rack a month now and some of the lock washer fasteners are rusting making my sweet rack look crappy anybody have any issues with this?

View attachment 2656178
Those look like internal tooth lock washers. You could replace with stainless lock and flat washers. No biggie.

Those look like internal tooth lock washers. You could replace with stainless lock and flat washers. No biggie.
Yah I just assumed they would be stainless when I installed but I will prob go the route you suggested.

Any update on a restock on a rack for an 80?

Looks the part. Like the quality. Took some time to adjust it forward and back on the drip rails to get it to where i wanted (both sides matching), no big deal. second set of hands helps.

IMG_5974.jpg

Any suggestions on best awning for the 60 rack be appreciated.

Really like the 60 version that Bowfin puts out

s***, I hope Pat is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom