Boneyard Finds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ummm, I just had a birdy fly over the house and tell me more parts are missing off this LX.

so Ali is a bird now?

He's an Ali-batross

Baaaawwwwwwaaaaaaaa. I resemble that remark. Jessica and I had to babysit Matt's grandson while I grabbed some stuff. I grabbed the axles and other odds and ends. Some of them were for Matt. The engine is intact sans the A/C comp that one guy took yesterday. I could use the front + rear arms if they didn't place the vehicle support under them :bang: In the process thy bent the rear arms.

This rig must be from up north someplace as it had not one BUT three 120vac heating units. I saw one for the engine oil pan, maybe another one for the block heater, not sure what the third one was for. The engine was never loved, full of leaks. Rear DS and rear axle 100% complete if anyone needs something.

I was at the boneyard this morning. There are still lots of parts left on the LX. Plus, I don't think the engine has been hardly touched.

I figured I better look. At the u-pull, of course.

upull.jpg

Just got an alert

'97 & '95 4Runner at U Pull n Pay.

Just got this email reminder from U Pull n Pay ABQ:

Toyota 4Runner 1998 SR5
Row I01

Got an alert from U Pull n Pay
Toyota 4Runner 2001 SR5 Row I-01

I have tried to set up those alerts, but they never come through for me.

Anyway, thanks for posting about the 2001 4Runner. I like to have a look at the '01 and '02s that come in because there are some parts unique to those model years that are expensive to replace and worth having as spares (electronic throttle body, brake booster with integrated ABS pump, unique charcoal/evap canister, transfer case/ADD actuators, etc).

I went down and had a look yesterday. Unfortunately that vehicle was badly rolled. It has an addicted offroad tube bumper and a smittybilt 9500lb winch... both are smashed to heck. It also has a set of old Toytec coilovers but the bushings are shot and the shock bodies are leaking oil. There are some rear lift coils on there but they are rusty and it has sliders but they are badly bent from the rollover to where the doors won't open.

All the 4Runners in that lot were in sad shape. I think I counted six 3rd gens.

I have tried to set up those alerts, but they never come through for me.

Anyway, thanks for posting about the 2001 4Runner. I like to have a look at the '01 and '02s that come in because there are some parts unique to those model years that are expensive to replace and worth having as spares (electronic throttle body, brake booster with integrated ABS pump, unique charcoal/evap canister, transfer case/ADD actuators, etc).

I went down and had a look yesterday. Unfortunately that vehicle was badly rolled. It has an addicted offroad tube bumper and a smittybilt 9500lb winch... both are smashed to heck. It also has a set of old Toytec coilovers but the bushings are shot and the shock bodies are leaking oil. There are some rear lift coils on there but they are rusty and it has sliders but they are badly bent from the rollover to where the doors won't open.

All the 4Runners in that lot were in sad shape. I think I counted six 3rd gens.

What no pics? Come on now, you know the rules :flipoff2:

U Pull and Pay has pictures of the vehicles on their website... just query by make and model and they usually have a photo...

From their site...

1.png

Also, they are having a sale this Sunday... 50% off all parts. I would have gone then but will be out of town.

AbqAnniversaryWeb-5-5-19.jpg

Last edited:
U Pull and Pay has pictures of the vehicles on their website... just query by make and model and they usually have a photo...

Also, they are having a sale this Sunday... 50% off all parts. I would have gone then but will be out of town.

From their site...

View attachment 1966688

It has fender flares? I really don't want to drive down to ABQ just for that and have those be gone...
Damn, there goes my weekend. If anyone can pull those and give them to me at the next meetup, I'll grab you your favorite beverage of choice (or weld something up for ya, whatever you want.)

The flares were trashed, and LF and parts of LR were missing.
Ok oh well. Also I'd need to repaint them. Not sure how much a PITA that is, especially as I don't have a shop air compressor yet.
I'm considering building some flares/bullbars out of steel at some point down the road anyway.

sliders...passenger looks usable not sure about driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom