Bolting in rollcage....bolt question! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Is one corner bolt on each wheelwell mount an M12?

I can see three of them are M10X1.5X20 or so, but that last one is bigger than the other three. I gotta sort though my bolts for an M12, but figured someone would know offhand.

Been there and done that...

Actually 4 of them are SAE, not metric. The ones for the rear seat belts, two on each side. I believe it's DOT spec.

Can has diagram?

Hi All:

What are you guys talking about?? :confused:

Are you speaking of the factory "roll bar?" Who cares what bolts it came with - just fit whatever SAE grade 8 or metric grade 10.8 bolts will fit.

FYI - the factory "roll bar" is *not* a "roll cage," and in reality should be replaced with a real roll cage before doing hardcore off-road trails. Just my US$00.02.

Regards,

Alan

Can has diagram?
Not sure what language you speak, but I think you are looking for the layout of which bolts are the 'odd ones'. They would be the ones at each mounting plate closest to the center of the bed and the forward most.

The x = seat belt mounts

front

left side Right side

o x x o
o o o o

o x x o
o o o o

Hi All:

What are you guys talking about?? :confused:

Are you speaking of the factory "roll bar?" Who cares what bolts it came with - just fit whatever SAE grade 8 or metric grade 10.8 bolts will fit.

FYI - the factory "roll bar" is *not* a "roll cage," and in reality should be replaced with a real roll cage before doing hardcore off-road trails. Just my US$00.02.

Regards,

Alan
You'll get no argument from me on either point. The thing I believe the OP has discovered is that one 'captive nut' is a different size at each of the OEM locations.

Its a simple 7/16th Fine thread bolt. Actually you can find this bolt everywhere the seatbelts attach to the body. My understanding is thats its a DOT requirement.

That's what it is... I've been struggling with those bolts for years.

Are the ones at the rear for the original jump seat belts?

Yes, there are four in the rear for the Jump Seat-seat belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom